News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

HATE RANT

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 16, 2012, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 16, 2012, 08:40:12 PM
And nobody has ever bitten anyone's head off here for an honest attempt to post content.

What?
Where the fuck am I?
This space for rent.

Sano

The thing is, I CAN think of things to say. It's just that I think most of them are completely uninteresting. Specially because I'm starting to focus more on philosophy, and the most interesting thought I had today was, "well, if my professor is right, I think I can come up with a way to make Deleuze's writings about movies be applicable to games as well."

But still, I am thinking of something to write... it's just that I'm often sleepy and lazy as fuck still brainstorming it.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

LMNO

Philosophy ain't shit if it don't bring you to a new idea. If your philosophy don't give you new ideas, it ain't shit. If you got new ideas, POST THEM.

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 17, 2012, 03:23:37 AM
Philosophy ain't shit if it don't bring you to a new idea. If your philosophy don't give you new ideas, it ain't shit. If you got new ideas, POST THEM.
Are you, LMNO, saying that philosophies ain't shit but hos and tricks?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on October 17, 2012, 03:28:12 AM
Are you, LMNO, saying that philosophies ain't shit but hos and tricks?

Philosophy hos
I like you without your clothes
If your togas are on
I wanna see ya gone

- Big Daddy Kane, circa 55 BCE
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sano

Well, sure, but most of the ideas related to what I'm studying at the moment would be mostly uninteresting/irrelevant to the forum, I think.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

LMNO

Post them anyway. If you drew points between disparate elements, so could we.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sano on October 17, 2012, 02:33:44 AM
The thing is, I CAN think of things to say. It's just that I think most of them are completely uninteresting. Specially because I'm starting to focus more on philosophy, and the most interesting thought I had today was, "well, if my professor is right, I think I can come up with a way to make Deleuze's writings about movies be applicable to games as well."

But still, I am thinking of something to write... it's just that I'm often sleepy and lazy as fuck still brainstorming it.

I have to take this moment to point out that PD has a time-honored tradition of people posting about shit that isn't really very interesting to anyone but themselves.

The thing is, you read enough of it, you might start to become slightly educated in something you never considered before.

Just one of the benefits we provide.

So post that shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Caddisflies

Glass

Global politics

I mean, what makes the culture of PD is what people POST. Not what they don't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Man Green on October 17, 2012, 04:37:09 AM
I have to take this moment to point out that PD has a time-honored tradition of people posting about shit that isn't really very interesting to anyone but themselves.

See:the entire catalog of human history
See: HSD's catalog of drug fueled rantings
See: your journal
This space for rent.

zen_magick

Sorry to busy watching Battlefield Earth to post in a graveyard.

Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

As soon as I figure out how to string two or more sentences together coherently, TGRMY won't hate me no more. *weeps*
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Waffler on October 17, 2012, 05:10:09 PM
As soon as I figure out how to string two or more sentences together coherently, TGRMY won't hate me no more. *weeps*

You know, I just heard TGRMY pronounced in my head as "teh grimy" :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Waffler on October 17, 2012, 05:10:09 PM

Yes I fucking will.

But I don't hate your beard.  I love your beard.  I've seen plenty of other beards before, but this is different.