News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on September 27, 2015, 08:22:58 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 27, 2015, 07:57:13 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on September 27, 2015, 07:52:03 AM
Mr. Penrose, please accept our wishes for a quick recovery of your wife.  May the currents change to rising lift beneath your wings right now!

Thanks.  But why are you using unlisted personal information in your post?

To remnd myself of the promotional sale on smashwords available through September, of course.

:lulz:

Fair enough. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Cain

Damn, sorry to hear that Roger.

Although, if it's any comfort, I'm sure the doctors have already tested for the more worrying possibilities and so have ruled them out.  It's what I'd do, as a doctor, and I'd like to think doctors are at least as smart as some random guy on the internet.

The Wizard Joseph

I will keep hoping for the best Roger. If her blood sugar was good and she regained consciousness fairly quickly I'd lay strong odds that it wasn't a major issue. Lots of relatively minor things can cause a loss of consciousness, but you still have to go get checked. If they didn't find any major issue fairly quickly the chances are that it was something minor like dehydration or a blood pressure drop.

I'm not a doctor of course, but this guy from the Internet knows a thing or two and sincerely believes that you and yours pull through this. Take care sir.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2015, 06:05:01 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that Roger.

Although, if it's any comfort, I'm sure the doctors have already tested for the more worrying possibilities and so have ruled them out.  It's what I'd do, as a doctor, and I'd like to think doctors are at least as smart as some random guy on the internet.

Tests have been run (some of them), results are not yet known.  We won't hear a thing until Monday at the eariest.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

hooplala

Random collapses are the most frightening thing in the world. I hope everything is alright Roger.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Holy shit. I hope it just turns out to be one of those weird random fluctuations in blood pressure or something innocuous like that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 28, 2015, 12:35:34 AM
Holy shit. I hope it just turns out to be one of those weird random fluctuations in blood pressure or something innocuous like that.

1.  Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

2.  That's kind of what I'm hoping for, Nigel.

Dubya

That sucks, TGRR. I'm going to get on the "hope it's something minor" bandwagon, too.

Loved ones randomly keeling over always scares the hell out of me cause there's so many potential causes. Here's hoping the lab works swiftly and well and delivers good news.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Eater of Clowns

Well my mom's had another breakdown. A bad one this time; she's presently at a psychiatric hospital up in Boston. It's been hard, seeing her there on her good and bad days, and it's becoming harder.

Her health care proxies are currently her two older sisters, who seem to be under the impression that my mom can get better, or that she can function when the medication cocktail is just right. My sister and I have determined that this is not the case. She needs more direct care, like an assisted but independent living facility. She needs to be out of work, which is so often the catalyst for her episodes.

Her sisters are going to fight to keep themselves as her proxy, because they see my sister and I akin to the scum that accumulates on the bathtub and a significant part of my mother's problems. We're going to have to see if we can have her declared incompetent to make decisions regarding her own care. She's having visual spacial inconsistencies, she forgets things like paying her bills, she's getting lost while driving with some frequency, she can't keep track of the 90 day supplies of horse tranquilizers she's on and either overdosing or not dosing.

My sister and I are going to try to meet with her social worker at the hospital this afternoon. I'm expecting her call this morning. My mom called last night and told me she's changed her mind about having us as proxies and wants to stick with her sisters, and when I told her I don't think that's the best idea, she just said "okay" and hung up on me, so I don't know if we'll even be allowed to discuss her case.

I'm somewhere between shaking and nerve vomiting.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.