News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Good Morning

Started by Adios, May 07, 2011, 05:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Good morning America, how are you?

I have seen the White Rabbit and have been informed I need to be Leaving on a Jet Plane. Not sure why, but I need to be 8 Miles High, maybe because it's Summer in the City.

Rocky Raccoon came to me in a dream and told me there would be Another Pleasant Summer Sunday in Crimson and Clover before I climb the Stairway to Heaven. Because of this I found myself Groovin' and wondering what War! was good for.

Okay, you should get the idea by now. A movement that started in San Francisco  and spread to every city in America and a great deal of the world, culminated at it's peak in a field in upstate New York. Roughly 500,000 people showed for a celebration. A celebration of music, coming of age and anger.

This era produced Giants like we have never seen before. Unlikely giants, they had long hair, made loud and unconventional music and protest. Often they were heavy drug users, wild, free and the real leaders of the popular movement. People began to question things.

They tried to beat them back into submission, but their numbers were far too large and their determination was unequaled. These people didn't mind so much going to jail, or even being slapped down by the police.

But.

What happened to those people? Where did they go? Sadly they became a part of normal society. They grew up and caved in. Sold out. Not by intention to be sure, but by the desire for human comforts, the knowledge and wisdom of age, and the blunt realization that if they wanted anything they would need to blend in and play the game.

We can't blame them for this at all, after all, it's human conditioning.

All of the heroes and giants found greater success in being the mainline people they had become by general acceptance. Seriously, it's hard to protest when you show up to huge crowds and big paydays.

Who are we to judge them? We ourselves, those of us from that era, have done the same thing. We scratch our way up to mid-management in order to take care of our families and to be able to buy those nice things we see on TV and in the stores.

I am convinced that every era, every new generation is so sure they have the answers. I am equally sure they will eventually be assimilated into society. You see, it's what must be, there is no escape. Somebody has to do that job, be in charge, take that responsibility. And as the new generation grows they begin to see the benefits for them in doing these things.

The world and society will, in the end, win. Not because they are better than us, but simply because they are implacable. All they have to do is wait, and they know it.

We are born, we grow up, we follow the footsteps of those before us. This is the world, as it will ever be. To the youth, go rebel, scream into the wind, kick against the pricks and be heard. Soon enough this will pass and when you drive home to your family, just once in a while you will remember those days, with great fondness and you will be glad for them and you will be glad they no longer involve you.

From The Spinning Wheel.

Payne

If you want to fuck some shit up, it's far better to wear a suit and use words like "impactful" than to wear tie-dye and demand peace.

If the local cops bust in on you during your Counter Revolutionary Activities, and you'd like to avoid getting your head caved for the fourteenth time (especially when the first thirteen didn't get you anything back for it), it helps to look almost exactly like their boss.

Not all of them sold out, really, some just got smart.

Adios

I wasn't trying to make it a negative, just factual. Unless one chooses to live like a hermit,there are very few alternatives.

BadBeast

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 08, 2011, 05:13:30 PM
I wasn't trying to make it a negative, just factual. Unless one chooses to live like a hermit,there are very few alternatives.
Here's one of the very chaps I think you were on about Charley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PxLJLRjchI&feature=related
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Hmmm,  Makes me wonder, . . . . .
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4