News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

I forgot and SO DID YOU.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 29, 2012, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I forgot; it's that simple.  I was clowning around, but things got a little busy at work, and there was no end of stress at Casa Roger, and then one day I looked around and things just aren't right.  Something is missing

I looked around the house, and everything seemed to be in order.  There was no evidence that the upside down people had been through, and everything appeared to be in its proper place.  Walking outside, I saw the same thing.  All of my neighbors glaring at each other over their fences, looking for Home Owners' Association violations to report.  Up in the sky, the usual cargo zeppelins and ultra-lights were flying around, on their daily errands.  Far to the South, I could hear the rumblings of artillery, as the Air Force Reserve tangled with the Army Reserve over facilities usage.  Just another Sunday morning in heaven, right?

Then it hit me...All these things I own - all these things I see around me – bring me no joy.  From the Takuro Spirit in my driveway, to the weird fucking data pad that does everything for me but make coffee (and I hear there's an app for that), to the fortified gate on the entrance to my community.  It's all shit, because I am not having fun.  I REMEMBER fun, but I don't remember how to HAVE it.

I have nobody to blame but myself, of course.  All of this was explained by Kerry Thornely and Ivan Stang and of course "Bob".  I understood what they told me, at the time, and it worked.  And if it worked THEN, it will work NOW.  There's really nothing TO it but to DO it.  This slackless existence, is of course, the product of ME not being serious about having a good time.  And this has to stop.

I mean, for real...No matter what your situation in life is, there's really no excuse for letting it get you down.  You get precisely one (1) whip 'round the amusement park ride, and you never know when it ends.  So you really have to work at enjoying it.  You need rock n roll, you need to laugh til your spleen falls out, you need to EAT THE HELL OUT OF THAT SOYBURGER!

Yes, the world is full of horrible things that happen to people who don't particularly deserve it.  Yes, there is injustice everywhere.  Yes, you're fucking broke.  NONE OF THESE ARE GOOD REASONS FOR NOT GETTING YOUR MONKEY ON. 

Roger's diagnosis:  Excessive false slack toxicity.  Booze, drugs, television...All that shit.  It is between you and your REAL Slack™. 

Roger's prescription:  Do something new today...Even if it's just taking a walk.  Meet new people.  Go out of your way to do this.  If you go to the store, be really nice and polite to the employees.  That will make them feel better, and doing so will make YOU feel better (surprisingly better, in fact).  If you've got a few bucks, go catch a local band you've never heard of before today.  Or go to some mom & pop coffee shop and strike up a conversation with someone.   Drop a random compliment on someone and keep walking.

Augmented Care:  If you are having issues with your appearance, or your body image, or whatever, I suggest you NOT GIVE A FUCK TODAY.  Seriously.  Stride out into the world like you OWN IT, and just DO shit.  Again, you get ONE ride.  Don't spend it sitting in the house all fucking day.

That's it.  Now, fuck off and do something.  Anything. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

AMEN to that!

BRB, party rocking.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

Unable due to angry storm gods. Can i do on wednesday?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 29, 2012, 05:16:59 PM
Unable due to angry storm gods. Can i do on wednesday?

Tomorrow isn't there.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Bad timing for this advice on the East Coast, will try to do what I can indoors.

Freeky

My days have been chaulk full of people and chilling and hanging out and good times of late. The alternative is too mindnumbingly awful to contemplate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 29, 2012, 05:18:21 PM
Bad timing for this advice on the East Coast, will try to do what I can indoors.

What?  You fuckers never heard of a hurricane party?

Nephew Twiddleton

Hurricane party? Thats not how we roll. The hurricane party is at the supermarket. Its a little late for shopping at this point. Nows the time where we put unfortunate news reporters on a beach in hull or provincetown or scituate. Mainly because we want them to suffer and we like the sound of wind overwhelming microphones.

Also there might still be storm gods in the area tomorrow.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 29, 2012, 05:25:24 PM
Hurricane party? Thats not how we roll. The hurricane party is at the supermarket. Its a little late for shopping at this point. Nows the time where we put unfortunate news reporters on a beach in hull or provincetown or scituate. Mainly because we want them to suffer and we like the sound of wind overwhelming microphones.

Also there might still be storm gods in the area tomorrow.

Never mind.

Nephew Twiddleton

tyrannosaurus vex

Clearly OP was not actually telling you to go outside into a hurricane. I mean, unless that's fun for you. If it isn't fun for you, I'm pretty sure it was telling you to do the exact opposite.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

No i figured that roger wasnt advising me to go out in the storm. I must not have expressed myself that well.

The Good Reverend Roger

Look, forget I said anything.

You may now return to your tasks.

Nephew Twiddleton

Sorry man.

Dont know what it is but i apologize.

Juana

I am going to do this. I spend too much time aimlessly wandering the internet (OH HAI TUMBLR) and while I do learn new things there, it's still false slack. I was unable to sleep last night, so I'm not going to run like I was wanting to (I genuinely like running, but being this tired makes me angry and running while angry is not actually any fun), but after I do my homework, I'm going to skip out on my evening internet hours and do something creative instead.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."