News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

I'd be much more accepting of children if... (pics)

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, April 14, 2011, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

... they grew in stages like Pokemon and only ate live prey, which they had killed themselves.

THESE ARE ME BABBIES:

Above one is slightly smaller, and less agressive, I'm thinking the fucker might be male, it's also a few days behind the other moulting-wise.  Those blurry crickets in the background are fucked.

Below is the larger, who has just moulted.  Fairly sure its female, just 'cause it's so aggressive and pissy:

They're congo green mantids, and they fucking rock.  Although keeping a writhing box of live crickets took some getting used to :)  Also, they are fucking adorable when you pick them up, 'cause their long range depth perception ain't so great they start waving their arms at shit that *might* be close to them.  Generally it's a good idea to give them something to climb onto though, otherwise they start jumpin'.

xx

edd

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Roaring Biscuit!

I think I'm probs gonna freak the fuck out when they get wings, but they're pretty sweet for now :D

hooplala

Before anyone goes there, only a small number of female Mantis species out of 100s of 1000s actually kill the male during sex, and even then mostly in captivity. 

Though, that may be bad news for Roaring Biscuit's samples.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Freeky

Jasper

Normally bugs as pets kind of irks me, but for some reason these little fellas seem more wholesome.

Despite the fact that they're vicious little monsters.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 14, 2011, 05:25:58 PM
Normally bugs as pets kind of irks me, but for some reason these little fellas seem more wholesome.

Despite the fact that they're vicious little monsters.
"Despite?" That's the charm, right there.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Aww . . . they are so sweet and innocent looking. Just like human babies, before they grow teeth.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

oscilloscopter

Awww.

The level of anthropomorphism I'm attributing to the apparent smile in that last pic is making me seriously consider raising some of these.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A really cute mantis hitched a ride with us out of Burning Man... I called her Marla.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

Thanks all, I'm a very proud mother/father figure :P

Quote from: Nigel on April 15, 2011, 03:16:44 AM
A really cute mantis hitched a ride with us out of Burning Man... I called her Marla.

Cool, and related:  I haven't named them yet!?  Suggestions?

xx

Luna

They pray... so they MUST be very holy, right?  Joseph and Mary.   :wink:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

oscilloscopter

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on April 15, 2011, 11:40:45 AM
I haven't named them yet!?  Suggestions?

"Sawtooth Grin" for the smiley one in the bottom pic.

President Television

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on April 15, 2011, 11:40:45 AM
Thanks all, I'm a very proud mother/father figure :P

Quote from: Nigel on April 15, 2011, 03:16:44 AM

Cool, and related:  I haven't named them yet!?  Suggestions?

xx

Scyther and Scizor.

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.