News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Welcome to The New Freedom™, Citizen

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 29, 2010, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Maybe it's just me, but we seem to have a lot of shadowy organizations running around with acronyms for names.  ICS, NSA, CIA, BATF, TSA, DHS, SS, NKVD, KGB...Okay, those last three aren't ours, but I can't really tell the difference anymore.

And, like all populations everywhere, we're going to put up with it, because we've forgotten how to do anything else.  We're like that frog in a pot, right?  Drop the frog in hot water, and it will jump back out, but put it in warm water and heat it, and the little bastard will poach like an egg.

It all crept up on us slowly, and the bastards have made sure to leave us just enough to make us think we have something to lose by pitching a complete wobbler like Patrick Henry would have done. 

Just leave us our shanties with the 30 year mortgage and our ipods and our laptops and our plasma screens, and we'll pretend that everything is okay, and that the jackboots on the stairs are okay, because they came for the neighbor (this time), but he was tied up in that Wikileaks thing, and we have to Think of The Troops (Or The Children or The 911 Victims or whatever other strings we have that are worth pulling.).

We'll go through any indignity if it means making our flight, we'll mumble when they indefinitely detain people without charges (or even keep them there after an acquital), but we won't actually DO anything about it...because in the backs of our minds we know that the jackboots could be for US next time, and when they scoop us up for a nice trip to some Eurasian country for a little chat involving a blow torch and pliers, our families will wind up under a bridge.

So here we are, running in place, while everything goes to hell in a chain-link enclosure.

Welcome to The New Freedom™, Citizens.  It's everything you demanded.

And be damned to you all.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

E.O.T.

I JUST

posted this to my facebook.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on November 29, 2010, 06:25:44 PM

I JUST

Make sure it's attributed, E.O.T.

I wouldn't want the wrong person being hauled off in a sack at 2AM.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Remember, remember
The Good Rev'rend Roger,
His speeches, bile, and rot.
I know of no reason
Why The Good Rev'rend
Should ever be forget . . .

But if you mention him out loud
Big Brother will make you regret
Ever having made a sound.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on November 29, 2010, 06:34:27 PM
Remember, remember
The Good Rev'rend Roger,
His speeches, bile, and rot.
I know of no reason
Why The Good Rev'rend
Should ever be forget . . .

But if you mention him out loud
Big Brother will make you regret
Ever having made a sound.

:lulz:

But I'm not an anarchist.

I just don't like being shoved.

Requia ☣

Anybody who thinks the government should be held accountable is a dangerous extremist now Roger.  I don't know what they label people who think they have rights, but it might well be anarchist.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Rule of Law is a terrorist ideology.  America was always at war with terror.

Adios

Whatever

:mittens: for the OP!!  I really like it.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 06:37:13 PM
I'm not an anarchist.

This however should be put on billboard signs across the world!!!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 06:37:13 PM
:lulz:

But I'm not an anarchist.

Sounds like a sign you'd see at Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Xieante Antitheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 06:27:35 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on November 29, 2010, 06:25:44 PM

I JUST

Make sure it's attributed, E.O.T.

I wouldn't want the wrong person being hauled off in a sack at 2AM.

Since I am a 'noob' and all to some of your inner workings here in the PD, may I ask, why E.O.T?
I noticed a minor hint at something less then desirable in a passage of your "A Clarification" in Intermittens...
Along with that little ditty Cardinal Pizza Deliverance just posted, makes me a wee bit curious is all.

:?

And hey, the multi-quote thinger is working again!

I am not who you think I am
I am not who I think I am
I am who you think I think I am

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA

East Coast Hustle

In this context "EOT" doesn't mean "End of Thread", it's referring to the poster named EOT who Roger's reply was quoting.

Unless I'm confused about why you're confused.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS