News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Hey look, I'm not the only one....

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Net on December 08, 2011, 05:01:28 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:50:08 AM
Sorry, everyone. Just killed a bottle of wine, and am feeling a bit melancholy. And I think I spelled that wrong, too.

Long story short. I retract the passive/aggressive post. Kids are awesome. We can't have them.

LMNO
-bitter.

Don't be sorry.

Not being able to have kids with miscarriages on top of that is an unimaginably painful thing to have to deal with—your bitterness seems completely valid.

Cut yourself some slack, Alphapance.

Also totally this. 

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:50:08 AM
Sorry, everyone. Just killed a bottle of wine, and am feeling a bit melancholy. And I think I spelled that wrong, too.

Long story short. I retract the passive/aggressive post. Kids are awesome. We can't have them.

LMNO
-bitter.
I'm right there with you, LMNO. We should form a "can't have kids and bitter about it" club. (We won't invite Nigel and Freeky, but shh. Don't tell them. It'll be cool).

Zero,
Full of terrible ideas.

Luna

This hit me really hard last night.  Not sure why, the fact that I wasted a decade plus of my life on the NYEX, putting me past the age where having kids runs a good chance of having the kids born fucked up is something I've been simmering on for over a year, now.  Don't know why it boiled over last night, but, goddamn it, it hurts.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Can't have kids.

Not bitter.

Get to spoil pretty niece, fill her with sugar and send her mom with mommy, instead.  :evil:

-Suu
That aunt.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:42:18 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:35:41 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:34:19 AM
I don't regret the monkey, but I wish I'd discovered bipedalism and FUN before him.

Never regret children. They make you a stronger person.

Well, shit. I was too young when I was old enough, and several miscarriages after we figured it out, I guess we're just hoping for robots.

LMNO
- guess the childless just aren't as worthy.

That's just God messing with the genepool.  LMNO has no offspring, but those Duggan dumbfucks get to have 20 or so.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I want to be a part of a couple.  I'm really tired of being alone.   :cry:

East Coast Hustle

I feel incredibly fortunate to have found someone who, rather than causing me to ask if I can visualize myself with them for the rest of my life, makes me feel as if I could not possibly visualize myself WITHOUT them for the rest of my life.

And, of course, I still end up spending 6-8 months of the year "alone", several thousand miles from that person.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE my job, but that aspect of it is its own special kind of hell. And it also means that someday (probably pretty soon) I'm going to have to choose between my career and having children.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 10, 2011, 11:30:20 PM
I feel incredibly fortunate to have found someone who, rather than causing me to ask if I can visualize myself with them for the rest of my life, makes me feel as if I could not possibly visualize myself WITHOUT them for the rest of my life.

You're a lucky man, dude.  That's a rare thing.

The job/time away/children thing sucks, yeah, but...  It's nice to know that's out there.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 10, 2011, 11:30:20 PM

And, of course, I still end up spending 6-8 months of the year "alone", several thousand miles from that person.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE my job, but that aspect of it is its own special kind of hell. And it also means that someday (probably pretty soon) I'm going to have to choose between my career and having children.

I envy you that!

On one level, I thought I'd found that... the one person I've known who made me feel not-lonely. But too much other stuff was wrong, or just plain missing.

I am very independent on many levels, which can make me a difficult mate for people who need someone to be joined at the hip... but I'm also very domestic and not cut out for solitary life. It makes me crazy. When people say things like "she just needs a good man to settle her down" they're talking about people like me. In the absence of having that domestic anchor, I go out and get all crazy, but it's not because that's what I want, it's because I don't have someone at home to focus on and do shit with so I find ways to distract myself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."