News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Hypothetical question.

Started by Freeky, May 24, 2010, 06:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

let's say that it's getting late, and you're stressed out from various stressful thingies. You can't find any sleeping pills (that's saying you take them anyway) but you do find sedatives prescribed for your medium-small sized dog. Do you take them or just power through your stressed out sleeplessness and hope you don't fuck things up in the morning worse than they already are?

Eater of Clowns

I would hit the bottle before I would hit dog tranqs, if that's an option.  Following that I would try to power through it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 24, 2010, 06:26:08 AM
let's say that it's getting late, and you're stressed out from various stressful thingies. You can't find any sleeping pills (that's saying you take them anyway) but you do find sedatives prescribed for your medium-small sized dog. Do you take them or just power through your stressed out sleeplessness and hope you don't fuck things up in the morning worse than they already are?

I'm no pharmacist, but It's a big NO from me. Not for people is, well, not for people. Even if it wasn't outright BAD to take, just picture the headlines if something, by chance, goes awry.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Freeky

Vene

Sedatives are not necessarily sleeping pills, so there's that standing in the way, add in that they can interact with my body in all kinds of undesired, abeit interesting, ways no doggy drugs. Now, if the doggy pills is one of those sedatives that can function as a hypnotic, then my answer could change. But, without this information, no to the doggy drugs.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Let's  pretend I'm grabbin you by the shoulders and shaking you and then I slapped you in the face, the way men used to do to hysterical women in those old films.

That's my opinion on the subject.

Jasper

Although I admit some curiosity as to the outcome, the consensus against it has my vote.  Let someone else find that one out.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Try breathing from your belly and gradually lengthening the time spent breathing out compared to the time breathing in.

Try identifying unconscious muscle tensing and then consciously relax those muscles.

Try changing the voice in your head that you talk to yourself with to one with a tone that is very sleepy and relaxed and quiet.

Try slowing down/desaturating the color of the video in your mind's eye and then slowly fading into an image you find relaxing, calm, balanced, etc.

Acknowledge the concerns that your mind is presenting you as valid and then set them aside and trust your brain to keep working on them outside of your conscious awareness.

Get out of bed after 30 minutes and don't get back in until you're sleepy.

If you'd like to go to the hospital and/or do something that will go on your permanent record, take animal sedatives.

Or try some of the things I suggested and at worst, waste a few minutes of your time.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

You should never take anyone elses prescriptions including those for your furry companions.  That's got bad news written all over it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I would ignore the dog meds and fap.

Also try net's suggestion.

Suu

You take those doggy meds and get sick/caught, they WILL take your kid away. Think about that.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I think its a very bad idea.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

Allow me to be the voice of dissent ITT.

I would take the doggy drugs, but I'd wait until a more recreationally appropriate time to do them rather than trying to use them for a sleep aid. After all, if they work you'll never know how much fun they might have been.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

And if something goes horribly awry and she ends up in the hospital and they ask her what she took, she can kiss her son goodbye.

That doesn't sound like fun to me.