Jake Day

Started by Cramulus, August 03, 2009, 03:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cramulus on August 06, 2009, 01:57:01 AM
you have successfully shamed me into not being a pussy on that point
I'm perfectly fine with being a pussy.

:sigh:

I'm in for some grunt work. I have rented server (LAMP) I could lend to the cause. Not terribly fast (max 5megabit), but it's real metal so it's fairly stable.

Cramulus

also, postful.com

53c for a postcard
a buck for a letter

and it gets mailed from california. You can mail images, pdfs, whatever. Virtually untraceable.

Telarus

So, we generate Buzz and then unveil the hidden website, get people twittering about how cool it is that you can send a LOLcat to a senator for a $.75 donation (and a note about an issue, or whatever). We'll need a few people to man the paypal acct and run the orders correctly. Wow, to be an intern in that office.

After a few weeks, we can post buzz and change the person on the front page.

You realize that we'll have to hit Weird Al at some point.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

naturally I have no idea who this guy is either, but given that his political career got him to be a politician he probably deserves whatever he gets.

if this is going to be a discordian wide thing, we might possibly use an URL like www.principiadiscordia.com/august23jake (let's use the 23rd, it's 4 days short of 3 weeks, but it coincides with the Day of Discord planning on POEE--even though the Edinburgh meetup is the 22nd cause sunday is a shit day to get crazy in a city, a sunday is a perfectly fine day to write letters though)

cause our domain is well known and catchy?

we could also use principiadiscordia.org (owned by Faust afaik) or disc0rd.com (owned by vex)

on the other hand we could also simply register august23jake.blogspot.com which has the advantage that it's not directly traceable here and, perhaps more important, doesnt require any software to set up, just register the account at blogspot.com and put some shit there.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 06, 2009, 01:04:52 AM
He IS Grayface.  How can anyone have not heard of this asshole?  He's basically the Senator Sessions of the Democratic Party.

:vom:

Quote from: WikipediaHe also supports legislation for $15 billion in tax breaks for large oil companies. . . Reid has supported the use of force in the Middle East. . . Reid has stated he believes "...marriage should be between a man and a woman." He voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act

This guy. . .
Is a Democrat?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pir Pariah on August 08, 2009, 03:21:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 06, 2009, 01:04:52 AM
He IS Grayface.  How can anyone have not heard of this asshole?  He's basically the Senator Sessions of the Democratic Party.

:vom:

Quote from: WikipediaHe also supports legislation for $15 billion in tax breaks for large oil companies. . . Reid has supported the use of force in the Middle East. . . Reid has stated he believes "...marriage should be between a man and a woman." He voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act

This guy. . .
Is a Democrat?

Yeah.  They're different from the republicans.  In some manner.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

GO FORTH AND SPREAD THIS LINK

http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Jake_Day_2009

also - feedback?

- we could use a funny image. Any ideas?
- we need a few bullet points about why Reid is a great target. Stuff that will get people all worked up about him.

Captain Utopia

To avoid his staff googling "Harry Reid" and finding the page, you could obfuscate the name, or provide it upon an image. Also, what about doing using a tinyurl for the anonym.to link?

Cramulus

I'm not too concerned with the results when you google "Harry Reid". (over 3 million hits) Besides, I'll take down the page during the time when they'll be likely to search (day-of-discord until about a week afterwards)

the anonym.to/ prefix on the link already kills the chance of sniffing back via a referral log

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cramulus on August 11, 2009, 08:08:04 PM
I'm not too concerned with the results when you google "Harry Reid". (over 3 million hits) Besides, I'll take down the page during the time when they'll be likely to search (day-of-discord until about a week afterwards)

the anonym.to/ prefix on the link already kills the chance of sniffing back via a referral log
I was referring to googling his url, and finding the page in google cache. But as you said, the number of hits for him, combined with the unlikely event that his staff notice a spike on that url (if a noticeable spike even occurred), and then try to google for a source probably make that risk inconsequential as it's an unlikely sequence of events.

Bu🤠ns

We need to seriously mustache him at every possible opportunity.

the last yatto

my mailings are going to mix the themes healthcare and c street hookers
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: la neige cône on August 12, 2009, 01:32:33 AM

Hmm... in IRC last night we were talking about hooker dispersion in cities. Maybe I should write a letter asking that the upcoming census put more effort into providing comprehensive data about US hookers. Total number in major cities, average hooker-per-square-mile information, etc.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cainad on August 12, 2009, 02:08:22 AM
Quote from: la neige cône on August 12, 2009, 01:32:33 AM

Hmm... in IRC last night we were talking about hooker dispersion in cities. Maybe I should write a letter asking that the upcoming census put more effort into providing comprehensive data about US hookers. Total number in major cities, average hooker-per-square-mile information, etc.

In addition to that info we should petition for complimentary knee pads for all hookers.