News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Common Walls Debate

Started by Cramulus, February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 23, 2012, 05:24:11 PM
I think gogira has a point. I dont think were less creative just that board meltdowns direct all of the energy elsewhere.

That may be so, but what's someone supposed to do if something goes down regarding something they're involved with that they're not comfortable with?  Especially when they have good reason to feel uncomfortable?  Suck it up?

I'm not one for taking my ball and going home because it's pointless and dumb and the people who say stuff like that are always returning to normal posting habits pretty quickly, but if that's what you're saying then I think I really will be avoiding collab projects.  And that makes me sadface and upset.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2012, 02:12:13 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 21, 2012, 06:07:45 PM
I'm done with the project.

And here we go.  First one down.  The fucking thing will be tatters and rags by next week.

Another PD project crashes in fucking flames.  Thank you so very much, Cram.  But isn't that a small price to pay for your fucking relentless self-promotion machine?

For what it's worth, the above went too far inre: Cram.  My apologies.

thanks, sincerely

but - what about the accusation that I'm out to steal the project?

Quote from: WolfShitneck on February 21, 2012, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 21, 2012, 05:55:50 PM
I didnt see crams post as an attempt to take over the project.

Me either.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 05:57:52 PM
I can't see how it could be taken any other way.

Please enlighten me.

because I'm still trying to figure out why I got flamed for suggesting that maybe we should start talking about design. That kind of suggestion is not inappropriate for ANY project*. It's a real stretch to call that an act of theft. And it's become a platform to air out overblown drama about how I steal everybody's content.

So while I appreciate your acknowledgement that you went too far in calling me a "fucking relentless self-promotion machine", that's only a slice of the bullshit ITT, and frankly I'm still kinda sore.

*and if those kinds of suggestions are now off-limits for anybody but the "editor", then collaboration really is dead here

Nephew Twiddleton

No if someone has concerns about something they should be voiced. I think on my end when this happens ill make an effort to keep whatever im doing going rather than just quietly observing whats going on.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 23, 2012, 05:41:24 PM
I think gogira has a point. I dont think were less creative just that board meltdowns direct all of the energy elsewhere.

That may be so, but what's someone supposed to do if something goes down regarding something they're involved with that they're not comfortable with?  Especially when they have good reason to feel uncomfortable?  Suck it up?

I'm not one for taking my ball and going home because it's pointless and dumb and the people who say stuff like that are always returning to normal posting habits pretty quickly, but if that's what you're saying then I think I really will be avoiding collab projects.  And that makes me sadface and upset.

The thing is, what people are yelling about here is stuff that's WAAAAAY before my time, and obviously has nothing to do with the Your Very Own Holy BookTM in any way, besides being triggered by one of the posts in that thread. If you've got business yelling at people about things, then the yelling needs to happen. It just shouldn't happen to the detriment of new projects that are unrelated to the drama.

Ideally, it would have been nice to see someone attached to Common Walls come in and tell Cram that he was stepping on toes, and could he maybe not do that, and then have this big explosion in a call out thread somewhere else so the rest of the productive thread could have moved on.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 06:12:56 PM

The thing is, what people are yelling about here is stuff that's WAAAAAY before my time, and obviously has nothing to do with the Your Very Own Holy BookTM in any way, besides being triggered by one of the posts in that thread. If you've got business yelling at people about things, then the yelling needs to happen. It just shouldn't happen to the detriment of new projects that are unrelated to the drama.

Ideally, it would have been nice to see someone attached to Common Walls come in and tell Cram that he was stepping on toes, and could he maybe not do that, and then have this big explosion in a call out thread somewhere else so the rest of the productive thread could have moved on.

Please see my response to your and LMNO's post in The Waiting Place, up in Apple Talk.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 23, 2012, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2012, 02:12:13 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 21, 2012, 06:07:45 PM
I'm done with the project.

And here we go.  First one down.  The fucking thing will be tatters and rags by next week.

Another PD project crashes in fucking flames.  Thank you so very much, Cram.  But isn't that a small price to pay for your fucking relentless self-promotion machine?

For what it's worth, the above went too far inre: Cram.  My apologies.

thanks, sincerely

but - what about the accusation that I'm out to steal the project?

If TGRR was alive today, he'd also extend an apology for that, too.

But since he isn't, I'll take the liberty of doing so.  I am sorry.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 23, 2012, 05:48:53 PM
No if someone has concerns about something they should be voiced. I think on my end when this happens ill make an effort to keep whatever im doing going rather than just quietly observing whats going on.

Yes, but the concerns can be voiced in something less than a loud monkey screech.

And they don't have to accelerate from zero to thermonuclear explosion in 4 posts.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 06:19:38 PM
If TGRR was alive today, he'd also extend an apology for that, too.

But since he isn't, I'll take the liberty of doing so.  I am sorry.

Thank you Dok, I appreciate that a great deal.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 06:22:54 PM
Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 23, 2012, 05:48:53 PM

Yes, but the concerns can be voiced in something less than a loud monkey screech.

And they don't have to accelerate from zero to thermonuclear explosion in 4 posts.

Damn right, Dok.

Hell, that's a really good moment to use a private message, IMO.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah if it threatens to start spagging up a thread its probably better to use pm.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

That's it!  I want all my content pulled from the project!   :evilmad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Just so you're aware, this is a call out thread.  Your original thread was split, per your request.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 06:54:41 PM

Just so you're aware, this is a call out thread.  Your original thread was split, per your request.
It was, and I'm glad for that, it just would have been better if it happened before spagging up the other thing for four pages.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 07:19:55 PM

It was, and I'm glad for that, it just would have been better if it happened before spagging up the other thing for four pages.

For us, that's considered a fairly rapid recovery.  We've gone 50 pages in three hours, arguing about free market economics in a thread about music.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 07:22:32 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 07:19:55 PM

For us, that's considered a fairly rapid recovery.  We've gone 50 pages in three hours, arguing about free market economics in a thread about music.
Good point. I think I'm a little more sensitive about it than I should be because this is the second time I've accidentally sparked an argument between TGRR and Cram, and I really love both of their output. Like, way more than I want to say because I don't want to get in a brown nosing situation. It's got me in a very "Mommy, daddy, stop fighting!" place, which is pretty idiotic primate behavior to begin with.