News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Jazz: srs fucking business

Started by Cain, December 10, 2009, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 13, 2009, 02:56:44 AM
I would ordinarily agree with you if it weren't for the simple fact that all jazz is crap.

THIS IS SRS BUISNESS REMEMEBR!!!
:argh!:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

In fact this thread is invading my wellness bubble and increasing my bad stress levels. My counseling doctor tells me that to regain my inner spirit I must now listen to 5 hours of soothing wave sounds with my fussy stress bear - Pickles.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

Quote from: Brotep on December 13, 2009, 02:05:56 AM
Quote from: Pariah? on December 13, 2009, 01:17:36 AM
Some Jazz is alright.
But there's one thing I cannot stand

Chuck

Mangione

:argh!:

lol my dad loves him

But I say, whatever, at least it's not Sade

Hey! What the fuck is wrong with Sade?

East Coast Hustle

nothing, as long as you can overlook her being basically the female Kenny G.

:pokewithstick:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

...With better hair and a nicer ass.

LMNO
-know what music he would rather fuck to.

East Coast Hustle

that's sort of like me saying I'd rather eat my poop than your poop.

I mean, either way...

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cait M. R.

I like jazz more than most music, simply because it's the roots of a lot of modern music.

That said, most music people know as jazz is either best listened to in the spirit of Merzbow, or listened to while passed out cold.

I prefer me some big band jazz. Horn sections the size of a third world country? Fuck yeah.

East Coast Hustle

cavemen thumping on shit with old bones is the roots of all music, but that doesn't mean I wanna listen to some goddamn hippie drum circle.

Brotep

Quote from: LMNO on December 13, 2009, 03:39:11 AM
Hey! What the fuck is wrong with Sade?

All her songs sound the same.  And not in the "hey, all this person's songs sound like they're part of a larger song--but it's a good song, whatever it is" kind of way.

Faust

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 13, 2009, 02:56:44 AM
I would ordinarily agree with you if it weren't for the simple fact that all jazz is crap.

This, except the complete opposite
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

If nothing else, this thread proves that R-Prime statements about jazz are a troll's goldmine.

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 13, 2009, 02:24:02 PM
If nothing else, this thread proves that R-Prime statements about jazz are a troll's goldmine.
True, additionally metal is the anime of music
Sleepless nights at the chateau

ThisIsMyName.StopAsking

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 11:02:36 PM
not unless your point is that you're not only a snob about music, you're a snob about bad music.

and you totally missed my point about musical complexity, which was that complexity has absolutely ZERO bearing on whether or not music is good.

hence why Dream Theater and jazz, while both technically impressive, are still nothing more than overwrought wankery.

I bet that if you were a metal kid, you'd like Yngwei Malmsteen.

I'm not trying to be a snob about anything.  And not all jazz is complex, and I still like that.  I'm simply pointing out, to utterly discredit jazz is ignorant as hell.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on December 13, 2009, 02:30:58 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 13, 2009, 02:24:02 PM
True, additionally metal is the anime of music

I intend to pioneer Viking Jazz one day.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: ThisIsMyName.StopAsking on December 13, 2009, 04:15:32 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 11:02:36 PM
not unless your point is that you're not only a snob about music, you're a snob about bad music.

and you totally missed my point about musical complexity, which was that complexity has absolutely ZERO bearing on whether or not music is good.

hence why Dream Theater and jazz, while both technically impressive, are still nothing more than overwrought wankery.

I bet that if you were a metal kid, you'd like Yngwei Malmsteen.

I'm not trying to be a snob about anything.  And not all jazz is complex, and I still like that.  I'm simply pointing out, to utterly discredit jazz is ignorant as hell.

and I'm simply pointing out that saying things like "from a logical standpoint, jazz is blah blah blah wankety wank..." is ignorant as hell, and makes you sound like a dweeb.

now shut up and go ride your Segway.