News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Newly discovered fragment from John Dee's diary

Started by Mangrove, April 03, 2005, 12:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Dee: After my fervent prayers made to Eris, for her mercifull cumfort and instruction, I did get some ynkling that I were truely shyt out of lucke. Thus did she pwn and rebuke me with much nawghtynes....

I willed, the Skryer (named Malaul) to loke into my great Chrystaline Globe, yf Eris had sent a signe or no. And Malaul loking into my forsayd stone, for to espie a signe, she saw there one. An apple did appere very bewtifull, glittering like gold. Yt had beams like ster beams, blasing and spreading from it. In letters that seemed all transparent gold: which Malaul was able to presently reade:

S T F U

In the mean space, I, In my Oratory did pray, and make motion to Eris, and her good Creatures for the furdering of this Action.

I sayd: I pray you make these instructions, more playne and evident.

Eris: I have shewed thee perfectly. Behold n00b I teache thee agayne. O how mercifull is Goddess that revealeth so great secrets to a shyt hed of flesh and blud? Thou hast 4 letters: S T F U.

After a tyme, there cam a woman: and flung up an apple and a voyce was hard saying, Fnord. The apple went into the darkness, and brought with it a great white Globe hollow transparent. Then she entered a Bar. The woman seamed to daunce and swyng about the Bar and drunkenly walking, carrying in her hand a little scryd and skiddeth it across the floore.  She taketh it in her hand agayne, and casteth it up onto the rownd Globe and sayd:

Fnord.

Eris: Take heade of punishment for your lak of slakness!

Thus did I take leaue of my Oratory and eate of the hott dogge when....arggargghghhhhhh...........
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bella

Whoa. You're freaking me out - I just bought a book about John Dee. :shock:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Mangrove

Bella

I found a used copy of 'Enochian Magic for Beginners.' Haven't gotten to the magical stuff yet, but the history is really interesting. I'm at the part where John Dee's seer/translator/partner/co-wife swapper,  Edward Kelly dies in a fall while trying to escape from the castle where he was imprisoned by Emperor Rudolph II of Bohemia.
just like in a dream

Mangrove

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI found a used copy of 'Enochian Magic for Beginners.' Haven't gotten to the magical stuff yet, but the history is really interesting. I'm at the part where John Dee's seer/translator/partner/co-wife swapper,  Edward Kelly dies in a fall while trying to escape from the castle where he was imprisoned by Emperor Rudolph II of Bohemia.

by donald tyson? i've got that here <waves copy>. you'll have to let me know what you think of it. i bought it a few years ago having read 'the queen's conjuror' by benjamin wooley (which rocks btw).

i really liked the historical section in tyson's book, though i thought the title to be somewhat misleading - it can be quite dry and technical in places.

my reservation with the book is that mr tyson has proposed that dee was formulating an 'apocalypse working' that would trigger the big one of 'revelation'. utter silliness and self pwnage on tyson's part - especially when he tells you how scary it all is and prints the instructions anyway...lol....

soo...if the end of the world does happen, i will assume someone has been a tad careless with chapter 16   :wink:

Bella

Yeah, that's the one. So far I like it a lot, but I've only read a few pages. Funny you should mention the apocolypse stuff.....that was my one reservation in buying the book. I thought it was just weird. On the other hand, how cool would it be to single handedly cause the apocolypse?
just like in a dream

Mangrove

if you can bring about the apocalypse with $15 paperback, i'll be very impressed!...lol..

(i ripped off most of the 'diary fragment' from 'John Dee's 5 books of mystery' which actually is a transcript of his diaries. very interesting read though heavy going in a 'ye olde' kind of way)

some of dee's magical gear is in the british museum in a really easy to miss display case. it was cool to see....though kind of disappointing in a way. i sort of wanted an eerie blue glow to be coming off it.

Bella

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiif you can bring about the apocalypse with $15 paperback, i'll be very impressed!...lol..
It'll be more impressive than you realize. I only paid $6.50 for this copy!

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii
some of dee's magical gear is in the british museum in a really easy to miss display case. it was cool to see....though kind of disappointing in a way. i sort of wanted an eerie blue glow to be coming off it.
That would be so cool to see. But what do you mean there was no eerie blue glow? That's just sad.
just like in a dream

Mangrove

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiif you can bring about the apocalypse with $15 paperback, i'll be very impressed!...lol..
It'll be more impressive than you realize. I only paid $6.50 for this copy!

That would be so cool to see. But what do you mean there was no eerie blue glow? That's just sad.

$6.50?? arggh...i was had...lol..

the brit museum has a couple of wax seals, a gold talisman (see page 161) a crystal ball and a black skrying mirror.

in the absence of the eerie blue glow, i brought a flashlight with me & affixing a blue filter, waved it around all the while making a strange, ghostly 'wooooooooewwwwwwweooooo' noise about the display until i was asked to leave.

if you do get to see it - immediately across the road is museum street which has 'atlantis books' which is the coolest occult book shop. they give out maps to all the other cool esoteric shops in the neighbourhood. bring plenty of money!   :D

Bella

$6.50?? arggh...i was had...lol..

the brit museum has a couple of wax seals, a gold talisman (see page 161) a crystal ball and a black skrying mirror.

in the absence of the eerie blue glow, i brought a flashlight with me & affixing a blue filter, waved it around all the while making a strange, ghostly 'wooooooooewwwwwwweooooo' noise about the display until i was asked to leave.

if you do get to see it - immediately across the road is museum street which has 'atlantis books' which is the coolest occult book shop. they give out maps to all the other cool esoteric shops in the neighbourhood. bring plenty of money!   :D
Yup, you were had.  :twisted:

I have a scrying mirror, but I bet John Dee's mirror is cooler than mine.
Oh man, I would so love to see that occult book shop. Just like a kid in a candy shop.

PS: Can't believe they asked you to leave just for making appropriate noises in honor the John Dee's ghost.  :evil:
just like in a dream

Mangrove

PS glad you didn't believe me...because i made that part up about the flashlight...lol..

however, until you can get yourself to merrie old englande you can at least satisfy your curiosity:

The Atlantis Bookshop
49a Museum Street
London
WC1A 1LY

www.theatlantisbookshop.com

:D

Bella

Thank you for the link. :P

What do you mean you made that part up? :evil:
just like in a dream

Mangrove

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomThank you for the link. :P

What do you mean you made that part up? :evil:

'fraid so. of course now it means i have to get a flashlight, a blue filter and travel up to london, visit the museum, find the case and fnord around it accordingly.

well if you're ever in the museum and you see a guy with a big nose being hauled away by the cops, you'll know what happened....and that is what triggers the apocalypse in chapter 16.

enjoy the link - look out also for 'treadwells' and 'watkins'. treadwells doesn't have as much stuff in it, but they had signed 1st edition copies of 'wtichcraft today' by gardner......'watkins' looks like a typical chain bookstore - very modern looking but the selection is huge!

<mangrove wanders off to his office in search of sleep and maybe a small flashlight>   :wink:

dr john dee

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiDee: After my fervent prayers made to Eris, for her mercifull cumfort and instruction, I did get some ynkling that I were truely shyt out of lucke. Thus did she pwn and rebuke me with much nawghtynes....

I willed, the Skryer (named Malaul) to loke into my great Chrystaline Globe, yf Eris had sent a signe or no. And Malaul loking into my forsayd stone, for to espie a signe, she saw there one. An apple did appere very bewtifull, glittering like gold. Yt had beams like ster beams, blasing and spreading from it. In letters that seemed all transparent gold: which Malaul was able to presently reade:

S T F U

In the mean space, I, In my Oratory did pray, and make motion to Eris, and her good Creatures for the furdering of this Action.

I sayd: I pray you make these instructions, more playne and evident.

Eris: I have shewed thee perfectly. Behold n00b I teache thee agayne. O how mercifull is Goddess that revealeth so great secrets to a shyt hed of flesh and blud? Thou hast 4 letters: S T F U.

After a tyme, there cam a woman: and flung up an apple and a voyce was hard saying, Fnord. The apple went into the darkness, and brought with it a great white Globe hollow transparent. Then she entered a Bar. The woman seamed to daunce and swyng about the Bar and drunkenly walking, carrying in her hand a little scryd and skiddeth it across the floore.  She taketh it in her hand agayne, and casteth it up onto the rownd Globe and sayd:

Fnord.

Eris: Take heade of punishment for your lak of slakness!

Thus did I take leaue of my Oratory and eate of the hott dogge when....arggargghghhhhhh...........

that is not funny...or true.......i never eat hot dogs.

Horab Fibslager

liar.

i saw you down at the limbo peak dawg stand last nigth.

adn dude, wtf is with allt eh saurkraut?

ugh.
Hell is other people.