News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

[redacted]

Started by [redacted], July 20, 2013, 04:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[redacted]

Removed - too personal, idk.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Left

Aw, dude!  I like reading about other people's fucked up parents!
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

McGrupp

Quote from: ExitApparatus on July 20, 2013, 04:23:40 AM
Removed - too personal, idk.

I'd say let 'er rip. You might feel better or hear from others who have had similar experiences.

Worst case scenario you get some negative feedback for being too angsty or personal (Doesn't seem to happen too often) and even then you learn something and gain some perspective.

Da6s

Quote from: McGrupp on July 21, 2013, 01:34:32 AM
I'd say let 'er rip. You might feel better or hear from others who have had similar experiences.

Worst case scenario you get some negative feedback for being too angsty or personal (Doesn't seem to happen too often) and even then you learn something and gain some perspective.

Or be told to stop being a whiny little bitch and seize your own life by its big, hairy balls.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on July 21, 2013, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 21, 2013, 01:34:32 AM

Or be told to stop being a whiny little bitch and seize your own life by its big, hairy balls.

Completely possible.

Besides the fact that an awful lot of angsty teenage rants about parents seem mostly to be along the lines of "They expect me to get decent grades, come home before midnight, clean up after myself, and not do drugs all the time... THE MONSTERS"

Teenagers are, generally, seriously shitty housemates. For the record.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 21, 2013, 05:46:24 PM
Speaking as a mother?

Yes.

They are filthy, inconsiderate, and insane, and they act like I'm unreasonable and demanding when I'm like, hey listen, can you fulfill a couple of basic household responsibilities and try to minimize how much I have to clean up after you/make you food/give your rides/pander to your stupid whims and petty emotional crises? I never thought I would reach the day when I can't wait for the little fuckers to move out, but here it is.

All teenagers everywhere over the age of fifteen whose parents are still letting you live at home: You are an ungrateful little asshole. Do your parents buy you clothes, do your laundry, and cook for you? Then oh my god shut up.

99.9% of teenagers complaints about their parents consist of "They're too controlling" and "They don't pander to my selfish, demanding little neeeeeeeeds enough", in other words they get mad at you for staying out all night doing drugs, ask you to please not hide all their good cookware in your room with box mac & cheese encrusting it, and expect  you to contribute SOMETHING, ANY SMALL LITTLE THING to the household rather than just skipping school, eating all their food, and trashing the living room with your junk food wrappers and other assorted garbage that you apparently think isn't total squalor.

GROW UP, TEENAGERS. GET A JOB AND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO LIVE.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little frayed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I think a better place for teenagers are in your legislator's office.

Cain

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 21, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
Speaking as a mother?

Yes.

They are filthy, inconsiderate, and insane, and they act like I'm unreasonable and demanding when I'm like, hey listen, can you fulfill a couple of basic household responsibilities and try to minimize how much I have to clean up after you/make you food/give your rides/pander to your stupid whims and petty emotional crises?

[...]

99.9% of teenagers complaints about their parents consist of "They're too controlling" and "They don't pander to my selfish, demanding little neeeeeeeeds enough", in other words they get mad at you for staying out all night doing drugs, ask you to please not hide all their good cookware in your room with box mac & cheese encrusting it, and expect  you to contribute SOMETHING, ANY SMALL LITTLE THING to the household rather than just skipping school, eating all their food, and trashing the living room with your junk food wrappers and other assorted garbage that you apparently think isn't total squalor.

A-fucking-men to that.  I didn't have to deal so much with the cooking and transport, but the rest is almost exactly my experience as well.

Nothing better to put you off having kids than having to look after some for longer than a week.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 21, 2013, 10:04:03 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 21, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
Speaking as a mother?

Yes.

They are filthy, inconsiderate, and insane, and they act like I'm unreasonable and demanding when I'm like, hey listen, can you fulfill a couple of basic household responsibilities and try to minimize how much I have to clean up after you/make you food/give your rides/pander to your stupid whims and petty emotional crises?

[...]

A-fucking-men to that.  I didn't have to deal so much with the cooking and transport, but the rest is almost exactly my experience as well.

Nothing better to put you off having kids than having to look after some for longer than a week.

They're fucking wretched. I'll lend mine out to serve as birth control to anyone who wants them.

I have no idea what happened to my sweet, civilized, well-behaved 11-year-olds.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not usually so impatient, but they've been specially trying this week.

Da6s

In all fairness, I was a shitawful teenager. Mainly it was because my conservative parents sent me to spend a summer with my unbeknownst too them gay cousin. As a result I became extremely opinionated about subjects that were super taboo in redneck conservative TN. Dunno why they'd rebel growing up in glorious pdx.  Maybe a teenage vagina induced angst. Or raging testosterone irked-ness.

Moving away improved my relationship with my parents 10 fold. Sucks it took until 23 for that to occur.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human