News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

About the Welsh...

Started by Suu, October 14, 2010, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

...St. Patrick was one of them.

That's right, holiday ruint.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Who the fuck celebrates St. Patricks day anyway? Worst "amateur night" of the entire year.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Richter

Explains how he got the snakes to leave.  A true Welshman could skeeve the spirochetes out of a streetwalker.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Well, to be technical, he was Romano-Briton. But Wales is where the Saxons and Angles put them. So the true descendants of Romans in the UK are Welsh.

This could possibly mean that I have Welsh ancestors, but I will never openly admit it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Mark the Welsh was a solid dude, and one of few people who could see me hemorhaging blood and calmly offer to find me a band aid.  Ah, but I could still see that chill demeanor exploding into rampant football hooliganism, the normally placid step of his Martens escalating into head stomping fury.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

St. Patrick's Day is a farce. It was concocted during prohibition by the FBI as a way to coerce the Irish in Boston to become so drunk that they could easily be found. Racial profiling exploited to maximum efficiency. The Italians in RI, liking this idea and hating the Irish, celebrate it because their love of wine and accordion music allowed them greater supremacy over their now vanquished enemies. They celebrate it by eating corned beef and cabbage, putting green food coloring in their beer, and wearing Kiss Me I'm Irish T-shirts. Now, instead of the Irish going to the once proud and awesome Stuffies Bar in North Providence, the Italians have proceeded to bulldoze it and turn it into a trendy brick-oven cooked everything and cocktail lounge where they frost their hair, wear huge sunglasses at 9PM, and pay twice the price of anywhere else in the state for ANYTHING. It's called WILDFIRE. Lots of Irish karaoke there on the day when a heroic man drove the serpents from the Emerald Isle.

Pop your collar, bitches, it's St. Patties Day.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: First City Hustle on October 14, 2010, 01:26:49 PM
Who the fuck celebrates St. Patricks day anyway? Worst "amateur night" of the entire year.

I do. I like going around carrying a Union Jack. One day a year that you'll see me do that.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 14, 2010, 02:05:06 PM

I do. I like going around carrying a Union Jack. One day a year that you'll see me do that.

Hey Rog,

will you come back to RI again and go to a soccer game with me? I like causing trouble.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 14, 2010, 02:04:21 PM
St. Patrick's Day is a farce. It was concocted during prohibition by the FBI as a way to coerce the Irish in Boston to become so drunk that they could easily be found. Racial profiling exploited to maximum efficiency. The Italians in RI, liking this idea and hating the Irish, celebrate it because their love of wine and accordion music allowed them greater supremacy over their now vanquished enemies. They celebrate it by eating corned beef and cabbage, putting green food coloring in their beer, and wearing Kiss Me I'm Irish T-shirts. Now, instead of the Irish going to the once proud and awesome Stuffies Bar in North Providence, the Italians have proceeded to bulldoze it and turn it into a trendy brick-oven cooked everything and cocktail lounge where they frost their hair, wear huge sunglasses at 9PM, and pay twice the price of anywhere else in the state for ANYTHING. It's called WILDFIRE. Lots of Irish karaoke there on the day when a heroic man drove the serpents from the Emerald Isle.Pop your collar, bitches, it's St. Patties Day.

March 17 is the day St. Patrick died. That's why it's his feast day, concocted by the Catholic Church. The rest of what you say is probably true though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 14, 2010, 02:06:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 14, 2010, 02:05:06 PM

Hey Rog,

will you come back to RI again and go to a soccer game with me? I like causing trouble.

Wrong Doktor

D'OH!

NEED COFFEE!

Still, come to RI....I like to cause trouble.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 14, 2010, 02:10:25 PM
D'OH!

NEED COFFEE!

Still, come to RI....I like to cause trouble.

:lulz: Will do, though I don't think I've met you in person yet, so you'll need to get me to drink at least 3 beers before I start actively participating in any conversation.

Suu

Quote from: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar! on October 14, 2010, 02:04:21 PM
St. Patrick's Day is a farce. It was concocted during prohibition by the FBI as a way to coerce the Irish in Boston to become so drunk that they could easily be found. Racial profiling exploited to maximum efficiency. The Italians in RI, liking this idea and hating the Irish, celebrate it because their love of wine and accordion music allowed them greater supremacy over their now vanquished enemies. They celebrate it by eating corned beef and cabbage, putting green food coloring in their beer, and wearing Kiss Me I'm Irish T-shirts. Now, instead of the Irish going to the once proud and awesome Stuffies Bar in North Providence, the Italians have proceeded to bulldoze it and turn it into a trendy brick-oven cooked everything and cocktail lounge where they frost their hair, wear huge sunglasses at 9PM, and pay twice the price of anywhere else in the state for ANYTHING. It's called WILDFIRE. Lots of Irish karaoke there on the day when a heroic man drove the serpents from the Emerald Isle.

Pop your collar, bitches, it's St. Patties Day.

No, that's St. Joseph's Day.

And for the record, I fucking hate corned beef and cabbage. Even my Irish mother hates it. It's not Irish, it's what poor Irish-Americans ate, and therefore insulting.

HOWEVER.

Evidence leads us to believe that Lithuanians really invented the Irish and the Saxons to control the Welsh. Welsh itself is a Lithuanian word for "pond scum".

Nephew Twiddleton

I hate both corned beef and cabbage separately. You are correct, the corned beef was adopted from the Jewish community, if I recall, as a substitute for rashers. And what a poor substitute it is.

Suu

I will only eat corned beef in a Reuben, and even then I can only tolerate a couple of bites.