News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

PM Responses, 2015 Edition

Started by Doktor Howl, February 16, 2015, 01:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Colonialism was the best thing the Aztecs ever encountered.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Metal Bear on February 16, 2015, 09:14:51 PM

Fuck yourself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

I'd like to point out that I don't actually hate Italians.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Metal Bear on February 16, 2015, 09:14:51 PM

Two things:

1.  My statements in these are not to be taken seriously, I only write them to torque off nutcases that PM me weird shit.

2.  That is akin to saying that life under Tojo was so awful that the best thing the Japanese ever encountered was having nukes dropped on them.

The Mezo-Americans never, ever had any luck.  Not thousands of years ago, and not today.  They're even less lucky than the Russians.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 09:55:28 PM

No, your responses are obvious hyperbole, an art, if you will.

Bear is probably just riffing, not just here but in Open Bar, but it is coming off a little too dry and it sticks in my throat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2015, 10:42:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 09:55:28 PM

No, your responses are obvious hyperbole, an art, if you will.

Bear is probably just riffing, not just here but in Open Bar, but it is coming off a little too dry and it sticks in my throat.

It's more like a public service.  People come to me demanding I hurt their butt.

And I don't think Bearman understands what these threads are about.  I haven't done one in forever.
Molon Lube

rong

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 01:54:02 AM
... if someone in authority said the chicken crossed the road, THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.  ...

Why did the chicken cross the road?

because I SAID SO!   :lulz:
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Wizard Joseph

These are brilliant. Man you have an art and the cosmos just goes right on keeping you in clover.

I'd post the lulz as individual emotes but I've not slept much and am somewhat otherwise constrained by  space time and processor power.

Saw the Aztec kerfuffle and all I can say is at least the Aztecs were open about it.

Read the account of the fall of Montezuma from a conquistador soldier's journal made into a "pocket history". Usual colonial power plays. Japan was in far better strategic condition when Portugal, I think, showed up. There's still a Japan as proof.
The Conquistadors saw 'demons' in the blood and rot soaked charnel temples, sure, but that was second to plunder and rape as a priority by far. Very far. They burned ALL their records not just works of vile faith. Aztec priests committed suicide in mass numbers in grief of the loss of a whole side of the world's best recorded histories.
Men are brittle clay and gold just sits there. The only thing of value they had went up in smoke and they knew it. The conquistadors grunts had no idea, but I'd bet all that the priests knew EXACTLY what they came there to do. And kept the best dark works for themselves.

I need a 'spit on the floor in disgust' icon and a knee deep #6 to properly express the rest of my thoughts on the subject.

Got to crash but want to reply to Hirley0. Will sleep first tthough.His code may just contain things more valuable than everything so far lost to folly but if I push my brain to reading in color now the resulting neural plaque might actually start leaking out of my eyes and so I'm reluctantly choosing discretion over pallor.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

I think I am starting to understand this.  My tendency is generally toward non-confrontation, though, some seems not only to provide an edifying public service, it also has a somewhat stimulating effect; safer than snakebite.  Now that I have professed to understand the phenomenon, I may just need to research it a little further.  Reminds me of trawling, only fun.:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on February 17, 2015, 08:02:14 AM
I think I am starting to understand this. 

What's to understand?  Maniacs PM me, I heap abuse on them. 
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

I initially thought 10 was Voice of Truth (didn't he go through a libertarian phase, just after his ZOMG STATE POWER BUSH IS AWSUM, AMURICA FUCK YEAH! phase) but clearly not.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2015, 02:57:19 PM
I initially thought 10 was Voice of Truth (didn't he go through a libertarian phase, just after his ZOMG STATE POWER BUSH IS AWSUM, AMURICA FUCK YEAH! phase) but clearly not.

I CAN NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY THAT IS WAS HIM UNDER A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

Doktor Howl,
Secretary to the Committee of Non-Committal Responses.
Molon Lube

Cain

Ah, don't mind me.  Lack of sleep is doing...interesting things to my reading comprehension.