News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

You can thank me later

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 23, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Aucoq

That's the 1994 I want!  I don't know about anyone else, but my heart beats were definitely 150.   :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I kind of want to find and watch that whole movie.

It might require the administration of sedatives to get through it, but still.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

I'm wondering if they blew their whole budget right there.  Costuming and those instrument props probably weren't cheap. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

Oh, yeah.  The Apple.  One of the most amazing movies I've ever seen.  We're talking comparable to Zardoz.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 24, 2015, 12:00:18 PM
Oh, yeah.  The Apple.  One of the most amazing movies I've ever seen.  We're talking comparable to Zardoz.
Really? Damn, I have see that!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

You know I popped this open a while ago at work and got sidetracked by work. I have had the YouTube window
open in the background since. I was and remain in a bit of a funk today. This really helped though.  Trying to get past the emo crap and write about THE THINGS I said I would, and want to, write about. Found this again minutes ago and finally watched the thing.

I think the that the drugs, choreography, and costuming departments in the past must have been far beyond our puny 3rd millennium understanding.

And I'm still not quite Getting It, I think. But what I do get is really helpful and I'm learning to lighten up!  Thanks Nigel!  :)

I'm going to troll through the other clips and stop trying to MAKE myself write for the moment. This 'The Apple' movie looks incredible. 

Also going to look into this Zardoz you speak of LMNO. If it's even comparable to this then my brain requires it!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Not the movie but found the soundtrack for anyone interested.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=axGQGWM2uhw

Also full copy of Zardoz on YT. They want me to sign it to verify age so it MUST be good! Might even open a youtube account to do so.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 03:19:34 AM

Also full copy of Zardoz on YT. They want me to sign it to verify age so it MUST be good! Might even open a youtube account to do so.

This should be all the motivation anyone needs to watch Zardoz.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on March 02, 2015, 01:51:32 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 03:19:34 AM

This should be all the motivation anyone needs to watch Zardoz.

SOLD!  :lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I must report that I suggested Zardoz to the small pack of gamerfolk I be chilling with this evening. This has resulted in many creative threats to person and soul.

Upon telling them this came up because of 'The Discordians' things have gotten messy indeed. Threats were made. I fear for my safety. They feel that my interactions with Discordia must end for the evening.

Their consensus parting words when asked what to tell you all to sum up their feelings:

"All of your charities are a vain attempt to buy your way into heaven in case you are wrong."

I bid you all good evening.  :)

P.S.  One in particular wishes me to explain to you as well as I can that "you are lesser than me".

Here's to good first impressions!  :lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 03, 2015, 12:03:39 PM
:notnice:

:lol:
Man some days that what I like about her.
Other days her rep alone is a hazardous commodity.

I've saved the above pictue of Mr. Connery to troll them with occasionally and to use as a FB image the inevitable day he boldly goes the way of Nimoy.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl