News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Here, Lewis Black was channeling Roger's "THIS COUNTRY DESERVES THE GOVERNMENT IT GETS":

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-22-2011/back-in-black---trump-2012

sorry about the ads...

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 03, 2011, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM
If combat means living in a ditch, females have biological problems staying in a ditch for thirty days because they get infections and they don't have upper body strength. I mean, some do, but they're relatively rare. On the other hand, men are basically little piglets, you drop them in the ditch, they roll around in it, doesn't matter, you know. These things are very real. On the other hand, if combat means being on an Aegis-class cruiser managing the computer controls for twelve ships and their rockets, a female may be again dramatically better than a male who gets very, very frustrated sitting in a chair all the time because males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes.
What.
[/quote]

The hunt giraffes thing is pretty silly.  But women are actually biologically better prepared to sit on chairs for long periods of time than men are.  A woman's bodyfat naturally collects in the breasts and ass, and a fatter ass is more comfortable for sitting upon.

Women are also better able to notice fine details, which is a very useful skill when analyzing intel.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on March 03, 2011, 05:13:07 PM
QuoteThere is no reason for us to accept a mosque next to the World Trade Center.  Nazis don't have the right to put up a sign next to the Holocaust museum in Washington, and we would never accept the Japanese putting up a site next to Pearl Harbor.

This part rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah, he completely forgot about the statue of Jesus on the Oklahoma city bombing site.

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2011, 09:08:43 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 03, 2011, 09:08:08 PM
Also, I do not need to be able to arm-wrestle you in order to blow your brains out at range.

But you do if you get overrun.

Just saying.

Women have higher pain tolerance, which can be an awfully useful trait in close quarters combat environments.  Also the lack of testicles is pretty useful.

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

in one-on-one combat, yes. Another potential advantage for women in that situation is that they usually have a lower center of gravity. But in a melee environment, size and brute strength become heavy advantages.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Gov. Christie has done gone and pissed off the teabaggers.

He appointed a judge to the NJ Superior Court.  The problem?  He appointed a MUSLIM...

Teabaggers are leapfrogging each other to have hissy fits.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/01/21/937795/-Gov-Christie-Appoints-Muslim-Judge;-Wingnut-Heads-Explode

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

http://www.slate.com/id/2289347/

QuotePollster and political guru Frank Luntz flew to Iowa last month to conduct a survey for Fox News. Twenty-six Republicans, likely to vote in the next caucuses, were shown video clips of 11 politicians who might run for president. They twisted dials, scored from 0 to 100, to rate the candidates. One of the clear winners was Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Bachmann and Palin are lumped together for an obvious reason—they're high-powered Republican women. But as that Luntz focus group showed, Bachmann is taken more seriously than Palin in some circles.

This could get very, very funny.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 25, 2011, 01:50:27 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2289347/

QuotePollster and political guru Frank Luntz flew to Iowa last month to conduct a survey for Fox News. Twenty-six Republicans, likely to vote in the next caucuses, were shown video clips of 11 politicians who might run for president. They twisted dials, scored from 0 to 100, to rate the candidates. One of the clear winners was Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Bachmann and Palin are lumped together for an obvious reason—they're high-powered Republican women. But as that Luntz focus group showed, Bachmann is taken more seriously than Palin in some circles.

This could get very, very funny.

Oh, please let her run.  There will have to be a party the night of the first debate.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

I will have to eschew all national politicking if that happens.  Otherwise, I might get all clocktowerish with a rifle and shit.

LMNO

This ain't gonna be your century.

LMNO
-full attribution to TGRR on that one.

Jenne

THAT has been proven.  Again, and again and again and again and again...

Luna

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/24/first-official-gop-candidate-for-2012-is-gay-and-doesnt-care-for-sarah-palin/

QuoteMeet Fred Karger: He's the first official entrant in the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. He's also openly gay, a proud feminist, pro-same sex marriage, pro-abortion-rights, and a critic of Sarah Palin who thinks many Republicans are hypocrites.

Bedamned.

Jenne

:lulz:  So yeah, THAT guy's gonna TOTALLY sweep the primaries.  Uh huh.

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on March 25, 2011, 03:36:53 PM
:lulz:  So yeah, THAT guy's gonna TOTALLY sweep the primaries.  Uh huh.

Yep.  He's totally gonna get swept under the rug, but, hell, I'm entertained.