News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

It doesn't suck. I mean, I make my own hours, I make my own stuff. The cons of course are bad moments of procrastination, bad projects, bad customers, bouts of mania and depression, but hey...the best artists were all fucking crazy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, but until you hack your ear off and mail it to a prostitute, you're a poseur.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2014, 05:15:33 PM
Well, I'm glad everyone decided the second reason for me.  No need for me to explain it now, is there?
Totally speculating, I wonder if they may be mild MAOI's, competing for market share against Pfizer and Nestle :lulz:

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2014, 09:39:14 PM
Yeah, but until you hack your ear off and mail it to a prostitute, you're a poseur.

All things in time, man.

All things in time.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

JUNKENSTIEN:

Got your package.   :lulz:

Those will be put to good use.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

So Daniel hit me up about writing some of my bass lines for the album he's having me play on, and I'm like, (to myself) "I'm tired of borrowing Villager's bass all the time, what the hell is up with mine?" So I ran it through again to see if I could get some signal, it kept cutting out so I opened it up to see if something was just grimy or something. Nope. Loose (now snapped) wires. And I with nary a soldering iron. At least I know the problem and solution now.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

The first time I've gotten mad at Jeff for absolutely anything just happened. He let a wet towel go moldy in a laundry bag, and it's created a science experiment in the corner of our bedroom that I can't really touch because of the severity of my allergy. He's not home to deal with it, but he's never been so fucking quiet on the phone to me. Ever. I think whatever I just did struck the fear of god into him.

Fortunately, I have rubber gloves, respirator masks, and enough bleach to kill the world, but his silence almost reduced me to tears.

...Unless he's mad that I discovered his plot to murder me discreetly after all my attempts to take his kidneys when we go to Fall River. I see how it is.

Nephew Twiddleton

Bass problem sort of solved.

Bumming one off of Juan Pablo (the note leaver) for Wednesday, he freaking loves Daniel and wants to bass his way in to the Shobijin.

Heh. Bitch. I took over this gig from my girlfriend.

Bum-budda-dum-a-dumma-dum-handitover.

I joke, but I wouldn't mind pulling guitar, and JP (or Villager, who seems willing to retire from music) playing bass. But bass is pretty fun.....

Nephew Twiddleton

Ah that statement made me a bit nostalgic- Villager was my bassist before she was my girlfriend. Wouldn't choose music over her, but having her as both was nice while it lasted. It's how we ended up together in the first place.

Nephew Twiddleton

I suppose it doesn't matter too much because we don't live together yet, but I go to her place after a gig. I don't go home if Anarchangel is playing. Now, I'm going to. I don't get to share that aftershowglow anymore. That sort of stinky, sweaty, well done, don't touch me too close, I'm tired, you're not mad at me for coming in late, I'm not mad at you for coming in late, and we're not mad at each other for bouncing out on our mutual gig early, which leads to the previous point.

It's... not attractive... and I'm going to miss that. I'm going to miss going to Wendy's at 3:30 am after hauling gear back in and going, "fuck this, organic chemicals from wherever is open"

It sounds shitty. It is. It's also awesome. Dating a bandmate. It's the best. I'm going to miss it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've never done it. I've always been a band girlfriend/wife/muse. Not a position I take very seriously, in terms of the band, though I try to show up when I can. I do like having a boy in the band. On some level, it would be nice to not date a band boy, though I think that's possibly impossible in Portland.

Amusingly, my dentist is my boyfriend's bassist. Getting old is hilarious.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just checked and my ex-husband is still in Wikipedia under his ex-band's listing, sporting my last name.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 16, 2014, 05:56:59 AM
I've never done it. I've always been a band girlfriend/wife/muse. Not a position I take very seriously, in terms of the band, though I try to show up when I can. I do like having a boy in the band. On some level, it would be nice to not date a band boy, though I think that's possibly impossible in Portland.

:lulz: That is hilarious

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 16, 2014, 05:58:18 AM

I just checked and my ex-husband is still in Wikipedia under his ex-band's listing, sporting my last name.

How do I get a wikipedia article about me? I'm not that notable either.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 16, 2014, 06:09:39 AM

Eh, the band he was in got signed. Also he's a programmer and now he has more Google entries than I do, which won't last. All using my last name, I might add.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 16, 2014, 06:12:09 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 16, 2014, 06:09:39 AM

Eh, the band he was in got signed. Also he's a programmer and now he has more Google entries than I do, which won't last. All using my last name, I might add.

Double bollocks, different reasons.