News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Okay, show of hands....

Started by Chelagoras The Boulder, September 19, 2015, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 19, 2015, 09:46:47 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 19, 2015, 09:17:01 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 08:14:21 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 19, 2015, 12:23:55 PM
I know a Laotian Weeaboo.

I mean, I know it's technically not funnier than a white Weeaboo, but for some reason it is.

Yes. It is.  :lol:

It's a full-blown case, too. As in she self-identifies as Japanese despite the fact that her family is from Laos.

I think she was actually born here, though.

Sounds like a snowflake.

She's actually one of the cooler people I met at my old job. She has an active fantasy life, but she's really friendly and easy to get along with.

I'd rate her social skills as above average.

So she's a nice snowflake.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Weaboos are but the larval form of otakukin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 08:13:29 PM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on September 19, 2015, 07:31:07 AM
I was always more under the impression "weebo" (WEE'ah'boo) was a derogatory term indicating someone who dedicates enormous amounts of time watching anime, bases their lifestyles upon what Japanese culture they know (learned from the anime they watched), flaunts their knowledge of the Japanese language (also learned from anime), and act like characters from their favorite anime.  Weebos are fucking obnoxious, and when I finally learned the word for them I was so glad that just watching anime wasn't enough.

Watching anime in Japanese IS a way to learn very rudimentary japanese, and even if I don't know enough to follow along with what they're saying I amuse myself in trying to piece together how their sentence structure is put together. 

Edit: Shit, that might be otaku.  Weebo is them obsessed with Japan in every way.

Edit again:  I basically live at a nerd store, don't judge me for knowing these things!

Ah, see, I am familiar with the term but only know it in its derogatory context, as used by my 17-year-old daughter.

Shit.  My bad. :oops:

Freeky