News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Where I am

Started by Doktor Howl, April 13, 2015, 07:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Also, holy shit Coyote. That was amazing.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

This is one hell of a thread.  Thanks for that, ECH.

minuspace

I am the anticipation of doing it right again
Just before tripping on a power chord
Going down, down, down, down
Charging tentacles colonize the brain

Mothy feathers all the same
Suction cups doing rails around
Power's grip on Oil, Standard
Reaching in advance the grasping

I am that destination of all flight
I am that depth that brings night
I am that difference in the right
I am that waiting beyond respite

I'm Thirty and Four years tan
The arch-firmament triumphant
The tetrarch of silken chastity
The scalloping of toothed time

I am the ruffle of your scales
The bark of resounding shores
The shedding cortex of eternity
The perpetually intercoiling one

Death present in life flowers on,
       So suffer my children to return.

They twist and seek being drawn back
The Image of their Sun, Father burns
And Fall they do, for each 'n every lack
Just a hint at their vestigial birthright

Thoth pecks a heart's undone remains,
With plumage measured, balance light
Reckoning unknowable, errant stains
Of this life's soul beyond containment

Love is toward of what they conspire
Soon cloven surfeit by false desire
The object is to more absence acquire
There: false memory no fan inspires

Don Coyote

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 19, 2015, 10:14:05 PM
Also, holy shit Coyote. That was amazing.

Thanks ECH.

Also,
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2015, 10:31:41 PM
This is one hell of a thread.  Thanks for that, ECH.
what LMNO said. So much great in this thread.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 19, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
I was the naked child on the beach in paradise. Then things went sideways with the "family business" and we had to run to the frozen north. Now I'm here.

I was the smart poor kid in a town full of old money who couldn't shut his mouth. I got my ass kicked every day for 7 years until the recession saved me in the form of a doomed economy and we had to run to the glittering jewel by the sound where dreams come true. Now I'm here.

I was the one who decided to carry on the "family business" until my friends started disappearing one by one, victims of the product, the competition, or the law. and I had to flee both the consequences and the weight of my betrayals. Now I'm here.

I was a ghost, wandering from city to city and job to job without ever leaving anything tangible or memorable in my wake. Bouncing in Pontiac. Bartending in LA. Street hustling in St. Paul. Selling power tools in the Sierra Nevadas. I don't even know how it's possible to flee from your own fleeing, but I did. Now I'm here.

I was a businessman, legitimate but still profiting from other peoples' bad habits. I embedded myself in the fabric of a small town, running for office and appearing shirtless in a charity calendar. Oh, and I stole. I stole from myself until I had to flee bankruptcy and failure, as far away as I could get. Now I'm here.

I was a chef bouncing from town to town, island to island, ocean to ocean, using my alchemy as currency both literal and social. I used my talents to see the world, meet famous people, and sleep with beautiful women and for one fleeting moment I thought I had found fulfillment. But the world changed again, or maybe I did, and I became increasingly unable to ignore the fact that I profited from an industry dependent on exploiting the people who make it possible. Things got to the point where the people above me began to punish me for being unwilling to fuck people over because they were poor or brown-skinned. It got so bad that I started having anxiety attacks and occasionally had to leave the building to do breathing exercises so I wouldn't lose my shit and beat my GM to death. I tried to find work in a different industry, but it's tough with 20 years of experience that doesn't really translate to the normal world. Eventually I couldn't wait any longer and I just up and quit.

That was yesterday.

So now I'm here. But I don't know where that is and I don't know where to flee to now.

Shit, bunny. Just... shit, bunny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Where I Am:

I am in an empty office.  All accoutrements are gone, packed up and back at the house.  Not even my son's boot camp pic is on my desk; the giant Squiddy pic is off the wall, and the "Horrible Bastard" sign has been removed from my door.  Where I am is on the other side of the city, not giving a fuck about this dump. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 20, 2015, 04:00:52 PM
Quit or fired?

Gonna quit.  I don't see why I should spend an hour packing my stuff when I finally leave.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 04:41:30 PM
Quit or fired?

Gonna quit.  I don't see why I should spend an hour packing my stuff when I finally leave.

:lulz: I like that you're just that blatant about it. Has anyone mentioned it yet?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 04:49:08 PM
Quit or fired?

:lulz: I like that you're just that blatant about it. Has anyone mentioned it yet?

Yes.  Everyone but Lillie, who hasn't been in my office.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quit or fired?

Enjoy.

And 5/5 for forethought.

ECH - Great piece. If you're utterly fucked I hear there's some kind of maintenance gig opening in Tucson.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 05:12:08 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 04:49:08 PM
Quit or fired?

Yes.  Everyone but Lillie, who hasn't been in my office.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 20, 2015, 05:14:41 PM
Quit or fired?

Enjoy.

And 5/5 for forethought.

ECH - Great piece. If you're utterly fucked I hear there's some kind of maintenance gig opening in Tucson.
:horrormirth:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"