News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Attention, N00bs: You might want to read this.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

neat hell

LMNO

Not me, I'm in Bella's house, and she's right:  it's fucking freezing in here.

Whoops, better leave before she wakes up...

East Coast Hustle

do me a favor and put a blank tape in the video recorder before you go?

just follow the wires leading out of the "smoke detector"
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LHX

also
i think i left my pen in the kitchen

its by the fridge

can you grab it for me?
neat hell

LMNO

Hey, ECH.... which camera is it?  I found one in the nightstand lamp, as well.

::grabs LHX's pen::

Ew, it's sticky.

Cain

Quote from: erotic::grabs LHX's pen::

Ew, it's sticky.

Sorry, I couldnt find a spoon to stir the coffee with.

Merchantoftolbi

Quote from: Cain
Quote from: erotic::grabs LHX's pen::

Ew, it's sticky.

Sorry, I couldnt find a spoon to stir the coffee with.
Yeah, if saying that helps you sleep at night.

Zorga, Oracle of Rum

Zorga finds that rum works even better than words when it comes to sleeping at night.
Piffle

Tantrums don't work on this family.
We breed demons and devil squerrils.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Some fucker moved it from Principia Discussion, which is where I first looked.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM
Now, first and foremost, The Good Reverend doesn't want you to think he is giving you orders...but allow me to make a few suggestions, before you run off and post your first threads/rants/etc.

1.  If you plan on posting an exciting thread showing your best Kerry Thornley/Ivan Stang imitation, please think carefully before doing so...many of us have been here for years, and we've already read the Principia/Book of the Subgenius/Revelation X, and everything by Wilson Anton Robert...and, unless you have something original to add to those, you're probably wasting your time.

2.  Likewise, referencing your pituitary gland, foot gland, or starting an Esperanto thread is very likely to result in your being fed to Fluffy.  And you don't want that, do you?

3.  "The rule of 5" and long threads discussing the mystical signifigance of the number 23 are perfectly legal...but don't cry when you get laughed at or ignored.  Again, those are only funny/interesting the first 300 or so times you hear them.

4.  Some posters (who shall remain nameless) will give you a hard time when you first start posting.  Those posters (who shall remain nameless) will call you a "sucker", tell you to "fuck off", and rip your masterpiece thread (about the number 23) to shreds.  There's absolutely nothing you can do to dissuade them (again, no names), and nobody can hear you scream.  Welcome to discordianism.

5.  For the love of Sweet Baby Jebus, DO NOT use the terms "real discordians", "true discordians", etc.  The Good Reverend doesn't care what happens to YOU, but he's sick of washing blood off the walls.

6.  We really aren't impressed that you can post gibberish, in an attempt to sound "discordian".  Nor are we awed by claims of superpowers (except when Agent Compassion makes them), descent from Elder Gawds(tm), or claims of being Malaclypse (any of them).  In fact, odds are that you'll be bound and gagged, and left at 14th and Minna...a fate best left undescribed.  And - just so you know - the last guy who decided to rip off Joshua Norton's act got banished here:  http://principiadiscordia.org , where he can make all the proclamations he likes...to himself.

7.  Nobody will mod you for threadjacking...but good luck starting any threads of your own, Slappy.

8.  Spamming the latest funny thing you found on more than two (2) threads can have adverse effects, including (but not limited to):  being the recipient of universal mockery, having NOBODY look at your shit (out of sheer spite), and/or being forced to read Great Teacher Largo's old rants until your eyes bleed.

9.  Feel free to experiment with the board and all its HTML-y goodness, but be advised that multi-colored text is very hard to read, and most people won't make the effort.

10.  Pr0n bombing will probably get you modded, as will anything that can ge the admin/mods in real, actual trouble (copyright violations, etc).  If this happens, your fate is up to the powers that be, and we don't want to hear any whimpering about it.  Try not to bleed on us, m'kay?

SPECIAL BONUS SUGGESTION #11:  We've been trolled by the best.  In fact, some of us ARE the best.  So don't give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome trying to impress us...and multiple monikers don't really help.  Everyone ALWAYS finds out who you are...and, again, it's been done a million times. 

Lastly, be yourself, be original, don't feel the need to "wow" us on your first day, and have fun...

...SUCKER.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

East Coast Hustle