News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

KMIYK

Started by Great Teacher Largo, May 19, 2005, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Teacher Largo

So.  I just finished reading everything I've ever posted to this board.  To celibrate, I have forgotten how to spell, and I made a post before this one, as I've nearly completely lost it.

I've finally figured it all out.  Every little bit of it.  And I've figured out what I do that you people don't like.  And I think I may have figured out why you don't like it.  And I'm sorry.  I really am.

Fluff you can stand.  Crazy you can stand.  Insane babbling, you can stand.

Mild psychotic breaks?  Not really.

Other things that really don't need to be said.

For those of you with sapience to understand what's really going on, I don't need to say anything.  And for those of you without, you'd never get it.  I'm not even sure I get it, because I can't fully articulate it.  However, I can't fully articulate lots of things which are true.  So there it stands.

And let's talk about wisdom.  Wisdom is the commemoration of the temporary.  Wisdom is being able to look around as say, "This is a beautiful day."  Wisdom is not fearing change.

Things change.  If you think, "That's always the problem," well, I'm very sorry for you.

Looking back through all those posts was a great deal of fun, and it was quite funny.  And by funny, I mean it hurt.  Alot.  Things have changed, you see.  I've known you (most of you) for less than a year.  And most of you, down to a few exceptions, I have spent maybe less than a full day's worth of time interacting with.

Some might say this is too short a time to decide on anything of importance, let alone complex interpersonal judgements.  However, that's not the point.  Change is the point.

Where's Medeo?  Where's Hotsuma?  Where are all those people who used to be here?  Don't blame me for all of them running off.  I've enjoyed my hubris for quite some time, but I'm not that powerful.  If I was, I'd have gotten rid of the fundies by sheer force of will.

Compositus Confusio, Dream of the Endless...  It's funny.  Truely funny.  Not amusing, not ironic, not any of those other concepts.  It's funny.

People often wonder what makes humans special.  What is that thing that helps to define our indefinable 'humanity?'  What do we do that other animals don't?  Our complex social interactions?  Go stare at an anthill or a beehive.  Art?  Go critique a bower-bird.  Verbal Language?  Sorry, I think several others have prior art on that patent.

I'll tell you what makes humans special.  We're the animal that laughs at itself.  We have to laugh at ourselves, because very few of us a prepared to deal with the pain.  That's what makes a joke funny.  Someone gets hurt.  Someone has their feelings hurt, or are subjected to bodily harm, or makes a fool of themself.  And we laugh at it.  Most of us have to laugh at it, because if we don't laugh at it, if we don't shrug it off with a guffaw, we'll have to think about it.  About the pain.

Death is one of the most painful topics for the majority of humanity to discuss.  And we make so many jokes about it.

I don't laugh much anymore.  But these past 16 hours or so I've had to laugh, alot.  I've had to laugh because I'm not ready at the moment to accept all of this.  Eric, CC, Dream, Caster Braids (yes, that was me)...  There is so much I don't remember.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Change.  Discordia is a religion of Chaos, and chaos is change.  We talk of Order and Chaos, Dichotomy, Creation and Destruction, Mindfucks, Jaking.  But next to none of us truely want change.  How many people whine about 'The Way Things Used to Be?'  I look on these forums (being no great master of life, though I hazard to say, I have a deeper understanding that most of the people within) and see so many people who are just giving lipservice.  People who think mindfucks are just about screwing with people.  People who are all for Chaos, completely rejecting order, never thinking about the matter.  Or people who got a little beyond that, and have rejected destruction, 'embracing an all creative trip.'

There is no such thing as a one-sided coin.  The Belief requires the Believer, just as the Believer requires the Belief.  You cannot have Chaos without Order.  You cannot have Creation without Destruction.

Change.  It's a constant, and yet it's not.  Dream, Eric, CC, Grey, PakProtector, vktsman, Eristvs, vK.   Change.

I don't feel this is a personal failing of mine.  But I am sad.  I can't laugh at it any more.  I'd set the record straight, but it doesn't matter.  Believe what you will -- it makes no difference -- as everything is true.   And everything is a lie.  There is nothing certain except uncertainty.

I'm fairly sure by now I've annoyed those of you who have managed to read this far by repeating myself so many times.  I'm sorry.  Telling people the truth is never the problem, you see.  It's getting them to listen that's the hard part.  Because, like most humans, we remember that which concerns us, and forget, instantly, that which we do not care to know.

I have this feeling that the wheel's going to keep on turning.  I really don't mind the hate.  Hate implies some sense of closeness on the part of the Hater to the Object of the Hatred.  Of course, it's easy to mistake hatred and dislike.  To be able to hate something you have to be able to see yourself in it.  It in you.  You have to be able to understand it.

For all the talk of viewing the world through different grids, of shaking of the 'greyfaced' mental baggage, so many of you are unable to do so.  You give lipservice to the ideals -- maybe enact some of them -- but you refuse to let your core change.  You hold to the same ingrained beliefs and expectations that you claim to be rejecting.

Also, many of you seem to misunderstand things on purpose, but that's neither here nore there.  We all interperet the truth to fit the facts (or the facts that we wish to find.)  Atleast, most of us do.

Things are going to keep on changing.  I'm not more an instrument of change than any of you.  The wheel will never cease to turn because, deep down, we need it to turn.  Hate me for good reasons.  Or simply hate me because you can hate.  But for those of you who choose the latter, I hope you don't go out and kill just because you can kill, too.  For those of you who choose the latter, I'm sorry.  Sorry for you.

But let's end this on a happy note.  After all, none of it really matters.  People here used to like me.  Hell, even Horab liked me at one point, when I first came here.  When I was silly.  When I sugar coated everything with easily graspable humor.  When I was funny.  When I conveyed the message with humor.  When I made the truth funny.  Think on that.  And reflect on the true reason you hate me, for those of you who do.

But I said, "But let's end this on a happy note."  After all, nothing lasts forever.  Fruit Flies, Books, Poems, People, Empires, Stars, the Universe.  This too, shall pass.  So buck up.  Either I'll die, or this Eric will die, or the hatred within you will die.  Or anything else.

It might get better.  It could possibly get worse.  But the one thing that is for sure is:  It won't be the same.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Great Teacher Largo

Nota Bene Prime:  Address all hate mail to cevkiv@gmail.com.

Nota Bene Secunde:  There will be no list of grievances.  Only assholes write on doors.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

Malaul

:shock:
::stops writing on the door::
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Madness of Malaul:shock:
::stops writing on the door::

No, see, I said doors.  You can right on a door.  You can write on multiple single doors.  But only assholes write on doors.  For further clarification, please watch the RHPS.

Horab Fibslager

ok one last time, but this time attackign yoru ideas, instead of jsut you personally.:

you're fuckin stupid.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

just FYI, I don't (and never have) hate you, I just get irritated when you derail threads with nonsense.

not the clever, insightful kind of nonsense (which I feel you are capable of), but the inane nonsense.

so if you really mean what you just said, if you can manage to keep the inanity where it's appropriate (I know, it's heresy to tell a discordian to observe propriety...shoot me), you'll probably find a lot fewer people telling you to STFU.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Actually, this is the first post of yours I have read all the way through in a while.  You didn't seem as insane or as annoying.  And you didn't delete it, which is what I was wondering about.  The last time I saw you post something this honest, you deleted it in about 10 minutes.  I hope this moment of sanity is not just an illusion.  I hope you are actually feeling better about yourself and the rest of the world.

Zurtok Khan

Interesting enough.

I ignore you for the most part, because you don't post in Or Kill Me, or 1kbwc's very often.  Otherwise, I might hate you.  But, probably not, seeing as I am a good Jesus, and still love my greatest enemy LMNO.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Slarti

wow, felt like you were talking directly to me when you wrote that.

Sepia

I still don't know what the fuck.

So, here's a classic:

"You will not be able to stay home, brother.
You will not be able to plug in, turn on and cop out.
You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip,
Skip out for beer during commercials,
Because the revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be televised.
The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox
In 4 parts without commercial interruptions.
The revolution will not show you pictures of Nixon
blowing a bugle and leading a charge by John
Mitchell, General Abrams and Spiro Agnew to eat
hog maws confiscated from a Harlem sanctuary.

The revolution will not be brought to you by the
Schaefer Award Theatre and will not star Natalie
Woods and Steve McQueen or Bullwinkle and Julia.
The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal.
The revolution will not get rid of the nubs.
The revolution will not make you look five pounds
thinner, because the revolution will not be televised, Brother.

There will be no pictures of you and Willie May
pushing that shopping cart down the block on the dead run,
or trying to slide that color television into a stolen ambulance.
NBC will not be able predict the winner at 8:32
or report from 29 districts.

There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
brothers in the instant replay.
There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
brothers in the instant replay.
There will be no pictures of Whitney Young being
run out of Harlem on a rail with a brand new process.
There will be no slow motion or still life of Roy
Wilkens strolling through Watts in a Red, Black and
Green liberation jumpsuit that he had been saving
For just the proper occasion.

Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Hooterville
Junction will no longer be so damned relevant, and
women will not care if Dick finally gets down with
Jane on Search for Tomorrow because Black people
will be in the street looking for a brighter day.

There will be no highlights on the eleven o'clock
news and no pictures of hairy armed women
liberationists and Jackie Onassis blowing her nose.
The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb,
Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell, Tom
Jones, Johnny Cash, Englebert Humperdink, or the Rare Earth.

The revolution will not be right back after a message
bbout a white tornado, white lightning, or white people.
You will not have to worry about a dove in your
bedroom, a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.
The revolution will not go better with Coke.
The revolution will not fight the germs that may cause bad breath.
The revolution will put you in the driver's seat.

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
will not be televised, will not be televised.
The revolution will be no re-run brothers;
The revolution will be live."
Everyone will always be too late

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

This is a whole bunch of shit I'm not going to read, particularly because I don't really dislike you or get annoyed by you at all, so I don't really care.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Slarti

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellThis is a whole bunch of shit I'm not going to read, particularly because I don't really dislike you or get annoyed by you at all, so I don't really care.

i don't understand why people bother to make posts like this.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Yeah, who fucking cares? It's a message board.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Slarti

err i obviously do.. that's why i posted that. nevermind anyway.