News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 30, 2014, 12:16:58 AM
Twid, you're like 30 minutes from me! Also, yeah those stickers are EVERYWHERE...some even have grenade silhouettes ... which I think is hilarious.

I'm glad you two are having a blast here!

Were. I got back to Boston yesterday around noon.

But it was really, really fun, and I do want to go back when I have a little more money to throw at a trip as well as no obligation to attend a ceremony (free booze was great though). I kinda have a city crush on Chicago now.

I described it as like New York, if New York didn't smell like piss and the people were friendly. One of my friends, who is moving there on Sunday, said that was high on his list of considerations for places to abandon Boston for.

I'm eventually going to have to leave Boston, too. I kinda poked Villager about Chicago while we were there and she was like, it's a nice place, but it's basically bigger Boston with the chance of tornado. I don't quite agree, but since Chicago is probably as far from Boston as I am willing to go without leaving North America entirely, I'll let it pass.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh. And going to Chicago made me want to play guitar again. We didn't even hit up any blues clubs, but it shook something loose, and I am interested in making music again.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Hello, friends. Here's a quick update:

Should be getting internets Thursday or Friday.

New roommate is awesome local comedian and radio DJ.

Commuting 10 miles by bicycle in 100° weather isn't actually as bad as it sounds.

Found out I didn't default on my student loans, they had approved me for forbearance.

Going back to school for computer science (physics and calculus: wheeeeee!).

Health insurance finally kicked in and paid 100% of the costs for my asthma inhaler—thought I was going to die there for a minute.

Got fired from previous job without cause and immediately found a better job at a seedy internet TV station (one show actually airs on real TV). I make my own hours. 8)

Things are generally looking up.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on July 30, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

Commuting 10 miles by bicycle in 100° weather isn't actually as bad as it sounds.

Found out I didn't default on my student loans, they had approved me for forbearance.

Health insurance finally kicked in and paid 100% of the costs for my asthma inhaler—thought I was going to die there for a minute.

Got fired from previous job without cause and immediately found a better job at a seedy internet TV. I make my own hours. 8)

Woohoo Net!

Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on July 30, 2014, 12:59:17 AM
Awesome photos/story about your trip Twid!

I really dig Chicago and wish I was still there. I'm going back as soon as I can, but a trip to Philadelphia will probably happen first.

Burns, next time I'm heading to Illinois, I'll give you a heads up beforehand.

Nephew Twiddleton

The people who took a pic of us at Wrigley were also Cardinals fans (there was a game that day. Also for those that don't know, Cubs vs Cards are basically the same rivalry intensity as Red Sox vs Yankees). After the pic was taken, I was like, "Sorry about 2004 World Series. We're from Boston, by the way." "Oh, we were glad that you finally won. We just wish you didn't beat us so incredibly badly." (World Series is best of seven games. The Red Sox won the first four in a row).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 29, 2014, 10:51:45 PM
Quote from: Alty on July 29, 2014, 10:13:53 PM
The Boy starts school in a month. Clearly the most important task of acquiring a cape-equipped Superman lunch bag is now my highest priority.

OMG. That's going to be adorable.

Yes, yes it will be.

GAH

I wish they'd had that when my littles were little.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net (+1 Hidden) and 5 guests on July 30, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

Got fired from previous job without cause and immediately found a better job at a seedy internet TV station (one show actually airs on real TV). I make my own hours. 8)

Holy shit, it's about time things started to go better for you! Yay!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, I may have mentioned that this week our research methods professor is a dingus.

This week's reading assignments, copied and pasted from the assignment page:

QuoteThe weekly schedule should look something like this:
Reading #1: Ch.4, (pp. 69-77)
Reading #2: Ch. 12
Reading #2: Appendix B

The weekly quiz? I's on chapter 13, which we haven't been assigned to read yet. Maybe it's next week's second reading #2.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 29, 2014, 11:33:52 PM

Then we left and everything else we were gonna get done today went to shit and I ain't even gonna talk about it. The important part is that in a few days or whatever I find out whether I should keep packing for Oregon or start selling everything for cancer treatment. YAY!

My vote is for Oregon. It's nice here. I've never had cancer, but I can't imagine that being as nice. Yeah. You should definitely come here instead.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Salty

Unless the full range of my mental faculties have left me, and let me tell you, it certainly feels that way these days, I have been rejected as unworthy to volunteer for Alaskan Democrats for lack of devotion to a certain Senator.

My dissapointment is a truck full of bees.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I have often wondered where the wild-eyed idealists in my town spend their time. That headquarters was full of wide-eyed pretty people. Something about them drives me to hate and shame at the same time. Mostly hate though.

It is, in fact, a lot like the way wide-eyed pretty people can be found in many a church.

Salty

My People are, and always will be, some kind of scum.

I dunno how I feel about that. Drunk, I guess. I feel drunk about that.