News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

More Skyrim.  Not much happens in this episode, but the ones afterwards aren't so bad.

The Good Reverend Roger

My friend Katie (I included her in the Dirtbags story) died last night at her own hand, after a decade of depression issues.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

what's killing me is, no warning whatsoever.  She seemed fine 2 days ago.

ETA:  I mean, she has had a history of very serious depression, but I never saw it gang up on her that fast before.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2016, 03:29:29 AM

ETA:  I mean, she has had a history of very serious depression, but I never saw it gang up on her that fast before.

The mind gets tired like a muscle. It fails like one too. Suicidal depressives can be ready to fall and never betray the fact. There's even a terrible tendency to seem better than ever just before the deed because the decision is now made and the anxiety and lack of focus fade with the presumption that soon it will end. This is often the worst part for others as the illusion of hope is in fact impossible to pierce because it's genuine. This state is FAR from inevitable, each case varying as much as individuals do, but the pattern is common to most who genuinely have Death on their back. I wish I didn't know so well.

I'm very sorry sir.  :cry:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Cain

More video. Nearly die of hypothermia, then I stab a man through the back in the street.  It all makes sense.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2016, 03:29:29 AM

Oh fuck, that's awful. Sorry to hear it man, hope you and the immediately involved are OK.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

trippinprincezz13

I'm so sorry to hear, Roger. My boyfriend's best friend, who consequently was also a close friend of mine, took his life a few months ago. While he had admitted to my boyfriend a few days before that he'd tried several months back, he seemed optimistic, making plans for the immediate future and coming summer. A few days later he was gone.

It's been a horrible struggle for the both of us, and I can't even imagine the pain his parents and sister are in. Everyone's lives seem to be in upheaval since then.

Don't want to go on about me, just we've been reeling from a similar experience for the past several months.

Really sorry to hear about it. Hope that her other surviving friends and family are able to bring each other comfort.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As some of you have probably heard, we lost our Sam, my son, on Sunday. I figured I should probably post about it here because otherwise I can't really post at all. He was experimenting with huffing paint and it went wrong. He was 16. We will hold a memorial service for him on Saturday at 1pm at the American Legion Hall on Alberta St.

It has been and will continue to be a terrible, difficult, impossible time. Thank you for being friends. I don't know how much I will be around because the Internet is a difficult place for me to be right now but sometimes it's a useful distraction.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 24, 2016, 03:42:41 PM
As some of you have probably heard, we lost our Sam, my son, on Sunday. I figured I should probably post about it here because otherwise I can't really post at all. He was experimenting with huffing paint and it went wrong. He was 16. We will hold a memorial service for him on Saturday at 1pm at the American Legion Hall on Alberta St.

It has been and will continue to be a terrible, difficult, impossible time. Thank you for being friends. I don't know how much I will be around because the Internet is a difficult place for me to be right now but sometimes it's a useful distraction.

I have no words. I will grieve for your son as I go about my day Nigel. I'm so sorry to hear this.  :cry:

Worst year ever.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain