News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

illusions of grandeur

Started by the dreadful hours, August 18, 2011, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the dreadful hours

the world has seemingly become devoid of that sparkle and wonder that is was full of when i was a young lad

when it seemed like there was adventure and wisdom to be gained no matter which way you turned

the pearls of creativity were coveted and worshiped
the fanciful flight of imagination had a place in the hallowed halls of youthful inspiration

where did that all go
or was i making it all up?

Luna

It didn't go anywhere, man...  You did.

Life beats that out of you, if you let it.  The sense of wonder is the first one to go, you know.  It's tragic, but people let it go, every day.

When wasthe last time you went looking for it?  When did you stop running from one strand of the spiderweb to the next to just LOOK?  Look at the stars in the night sky.  Listen to a baby laugh.  Stop and smell the damn roses.  Life gets so damn busy, we forget.

You want it back?  Go find it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's so much damn light pollution, I can only see about 10 stars. And food tastes like crap now. It's not all us turning into old crabby jaded farts, THINGS REALLY DO SUCK MORE.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 19, 2011, 05:38:49 AM
There's so much damn light pollution, I can only see about 10 stars. And food tastes like crap now. It's not all us turning into old crabby jaded farts, THINGS REALLY DO SUCK MORE.  :x

Things really do suck more, yeah. :( <- Sympathetic to your feelings frowny.