News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Ben Shapiro

So I'm no longer going to grow facial hair, or grow out my side burns thick. It's itchy as fuck, and also I don't want people to think I'm a Magic: The Gathering player.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 02:16:15 AM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 02:08:27 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:49:06 AM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 01:27:01 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:05:05 AM
Ethered my F1 fruitflies to death. Phenotypes did not match my predictions.

Ah, fuck, that worksheet is due tomorrow.

I've got Biotech and it's Spring Still Just As Wintry Break

We're doing the plants lab for heritable traits and it's due at the practicum, which is in the morning. Am I ready? NOPE.

Ugh. Sorry to hear it. Good luck, man.

Turned out I was more prepared than I thought. I totally lost it when it came to terrestrial arthropods breathing pores. Spiracles! And I am pretty sure I put down subphylum instead of phylum for a couple things.  But I probably got at least a 95.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on March 14, 2014, 07:13:08 PM
So I'm no longer going to grow facial hair, or grow out my side burns thick. It's itchy as fuck, and also I don't want people to think I'm a Magic: The Gathering player.

Looking good! I like the clean-shaven look on you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 02:16:15 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:49:06 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on March 14, 2014, 01:05:05 AM

We're doing the plants lab for heritable traits and it's due at the practicum, which is in the morning. Am I ready? NOPE.

Turned out I was more prepared than I thought. I totally lost it when it came to terrestrial arthropods breathing pores. Spiracles! And I am pretty sure I put down subphylum instead of phylum for a couple things.  But I probably got at least a 95.
Impressive if that is your score!
How good are you at estimating your results on tests? I heard that a high accuracy on those estimates is correlated to a high IQ. For what that's worth.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 07:21:20 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on March 14, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

Looking good! I like the clean-shaven look on you.
You look younger, it works for you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on March 14, 2014, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 14, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

Impressive if that is your score!
How good are you at estimating your results on tests? I heard that a high accuracy on those estimates is correlated to a high IQ. For what that's worth.

Usually I'm within a couple points. Typically I know what I didn't know on a test. Once in a while I'm surprised.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Today was the day we were to learn who among us was being laid off. I haven't heard anything, so barring a call from the employment agency, I may yet be employed (unless and until we find out that the lay-offs did not in fact save the company and the whole works goes down). Cute story behind it all...for another post.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on March 14, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
Today was the day we were to learn who among us was being laid off. I haven't heard anything, so barring a call from the employment agency, I may yet be employed (unless and until we find out that the lay-offs did not in fact save the company and the whole works goes down). Cute story behind it all...for another post.

Ugh, good luck!

hooplala

I passed my security test. I am one step closer to a temporary existence as a rent-a-pig. I apologize if this shatters anyone's impression of me. And I weep if it doesn't.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

I went and got sunburned.

Seriously, this is my first real burn in years. I think I've gone native New Englander.  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lenin McCarthy

Hi, PD. Do you think it is wrong to have a policy of not having sex with women who don't identify with being feminists? In this world of lots of bad people, I feel it's necessary to set up some restrictions. Xoxoxo, Lenin

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 15, 2014, 12:08:47 AM
Hi, PD. Do you think it is wrong to have a policy of not having sex with women who don't identify with being feminists? In this world of lots of bad people, I feel it's necessary to set up some restrictions. Xoxoxo, Lenin

There's one problem with that policy: What about women who are feminists through their actions but do not self-identify as feminists?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Net on March 15, 2014, 12:40:17 AM
Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on March 15, 2014, 12:08:47 AM

There's one problem with that policy: What about women who are feminists through their actions but do not self-identify as feminists?
True. Suppose I'll have to be a bit flexible.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Hoopla on March 14, 2014, 10:49:16 PM
I passed my security test. I am one step closer to a temporary existence as a rent-a-pig. I apologize if this shatters anyone's impression of me. And I weep if it doesn't.

Some good IRL friends are rent-a-pigs. Why would that change my opinion? A job's a job.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS