News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

So this new McCarthyite witch hunt...

Started by Cain, March 10, 2010, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Apparently even representing terrorists in court means you might be a secret terrorist.  Liz Cheney, famed expert on terrorism, said so.  And the media were all like "well, yes, this is clearly a Serious and Important Question and its merits must be Weighed Carefully" instead of laughing and telling Liz she missed her stop at the HUAC.

Its clever, terrorism.  Like a close-contact virus, anyone who has anything to do with it might be a terrarist now.  If you sat near a terrarist on a train, YOU MIGHT BE INFECTED.  Clearly you see how dangerous this is, and how Liz Cheney only cares for the safety of Amurrica and isn't some paranoid bint with a sociopathic daddy who harbours evil overlord style ambitions.

Mangrove

Is this because of the whole 'Al Qaeda 7' thing?

PS Thank you for confirming my fear that America is basically the 1950's but with mass media.  :sad:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Yeah, pretty much.  I'm just not sure how much I can wet my pants over LAWYERS WHO REPRESENTED TERRORIST!!!233""! in the Justice Dept.  Terrorists working for lawyers, now that....oh, no wait, still not scary.  Basically, terrorists and lawyers together are only scary if you're the sort of person who watches old episodes of Dr Who from behind the lounge.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2010, 09:58:59 PM
Yeah, pretty much.  I'm just not sure how much I can wet my pants over LAWYERS WHO REPRESENTED TERRORIST!!!233""! in the Justice Dept.  Terrorists working for lawyers, now that....oh, no wait, still not scary.  Basically, terrorists and lawyers together are only scary if you're the sort of person who watches old episodes of Dr Who from behind the lounge.

What's particularly loathsome about this, is the fact that some of the 'unamed lawyers' alleged to be helping teh EVIL MOOSLUMS(tm) are US military attorneys appointed to do a job. (Can you think of a worse assignment?)

Thus hating US military lawyers = NOT SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS!  :lulz:

PS I think 'Al Qaeda 7' is a great name for a band.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2010, 09:36:27 PM
Apparently even representing terrorists in court means you might be a secret terrorist.  Liz Cheney, famed expert on terrorism, said so.

The Solicitor general said it first.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/us/24scotus.html
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

What if terrorists and their lawyers incorporated?  Would they be safe then?

Iason Ouabache

Why does Liz Cheney hate America so much?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mangrove

But she did allow that "there are not a whole lot of people going around trying to teach Al Qaeda how to play harmonicas."

Why ever not? Perhaps if they had the gift of music, they wouldn't be so hateful!

Or maybe the CIA could lace their harmonicas with LSD?

AFK

My favorite part of this is how it makes Kenneth Star look like a good guy.  Yeah, he's a conservative, but he's a Conservative LAWYER, and the Lawyer clearly takes priority.  He pretty much called Liz Cheney, Kristol, and the rest of that gang a bunch of ignorant fucks.  In more lawyerly, and less profanity laden terminology. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

LOOK HOW MUCH I HATE TERRORISM:

"ANYONE WHO THINKS A TERRORIST SHOULD GET A TRIAL SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE FACE!"

"ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME ON THIS IS A TERRORIST."

Prediction: Will fly in NASCAR country.
Molon Lube

Earthbound Spirit

Who really gives a shit about what Miss Cheney thinks or says?

I don't. 
I hate everyone.

Rumckle

Gives me an idea, "the seven degrees of Osama Bin Laden".

If you're Osama number is less than 4 you win! The prize is a free vacation in a cell!
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

Quote from: Earthbound Spirit on March 11, 2010, 03:54:37 AM
Who really gives a shit about what Miss Cheney thinks or says?

I don't. 

The media, who went around repeating her thoughts on the issue like they merited actual discussion, and now elements of the Republican Party, who can recognize a bandwagon when they see one.

Cain

Quote from: Rumckle on March 11, 2010, 07:38:06 AM
Gives me an idea, "the seven degrees of Osama Bin Laden".

If you're Osama number is less than 4 you win! The prize is a free vacation in a cell!

Hah, yes.

Incidentally, two handshakes away from Osama.

LMNO