News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

And today's reason that I hate the state I currently reside in is...

Started by Da6s, March 26, 2010, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=12208009

QuoteNASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville man says he and his 10-year-old daughter were victims of road rage Thursday afternoon, all because of a political bumper sticker on his car.

Mark Duren told News 2 the incident happened around 4:30p.m., while he was driving on Blair Boulevard, not far from Belmont University.

He said Harry Weisiger gave him the bird and rammed into his vehicle, after noticing an Obama-Biden sticker on his car bumper.

Duren had just picked up his 10-year-old daughter from school and had her in the car with him.

"He pointed at the back of my car," Duren said, "the bumper, flipped me off, one finger salute."

You stay classy, conservatives.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jasper

East Coast Hustle

I have no sympathy for anything that happens to anyone that feels the need to put political bumper stickers on their car.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Well that, yeah.

But in all sincerity, the reactionaries are way out of line these days.

Da6s

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 07:12:14 PM
I have no sympathy for anything that happens to anyone that feels the need to put political bumper stickers on their car.

my abhorrence lies on the fact a nut job didn't give two shits about there being a child in the car.

that's fucked up.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jasper

Fuck the kid, she'll obviously just grow up and vote for gays and satanists.

LMNO

Jasper

AND KILL CHRISTIANS.

LMNO, I'M AFRAID.  I'M AFRAID FOR MY COUNTRY.

LMNO

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is the reason all my bumper stickers come from pow-wows and say only confusing things like "Indian Affairs Are The Best"

Although I did once have a "Another Republican Against Bush" sticker.

And I miss my "Live It Up, Sinner" sticker.  :cry:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

This is why I restrict myself to putting bumper stickers on other peoples' cars.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Da6s on March 26, 2010, 07:27:09 PM

my abhorrence lies on the fact a nut job didn't give two shits about there being a child in the car.

that's fucked up.

They're right wing nutjobs.

What, honestly, did you expect?
Molon Lube

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Da6s

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 26, 2010, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: Da6s on March 26, 2010, 07:27:09 PM

that's fucked up.

They're right wing nutjobs.

What, honestly, did you expect?

Jesus loves the little heterosexual, god-fearing, xenophobic, white, middle class, protestant children?