News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

interesting oven dish

Started by Triple Zero, September 26, 2008, 11:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

so i'm eating a lot of vegetables-du-season, cause im short on moneys, they're cheap, and it's healthy.

- cut up some potatoes, nuke em with water until done, (remove water), set aside
- start bakin some bacon strips and garlic
- cut up some carrots, nuke em with water until nearly done
- cut up some onions, add to the bacon etc
- cut up some green common beans, nuke em with water until nearly done (i like my microwave, leaves me with less stuff to clean up after)
- add the carrots to the frying stuff, and the beans a bit later as well, oh and i had half a red bell pepper left over, so throw that in as well
- combine the potatoes with milk, 3 eggs, some hunks of cheese, some spices (nutmeg, thyme, something or other), stock powder, pepper in a long container, for application of the blender-on-a-stick (i have a new one and it's making me soooo happy)
- the stuff will turn into a very thick mashed-potatoe-like substance almost immediately. which surprised me a little cause i was expecting something more fluid. but it makes sense, because of the potatoes.
- now put the fried veggies+bacon at the bottom of a buttered glass oven dish, and top with the potatoe-goo.
- cook it for ~25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 400F (200C). i covered the top with aluminium foil the first 14 minutes, but i dunno if it's necessary.

it will look like this, and taste very yummy:

some variation ideas for next time:

- if i would have had breadcrumbs ready, i'd have added them on top.

- a slightly more crazy idea, to blend some baking powder through the goo at the last moment, and then use one small layer of goo, followed by the veggies/bacon, followed by a second layer of goo .. cause it will rise and turn into some kind of cake or something. i dunno, this was my idea at first, but i semi forgot and was hungry.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was inspired to make a bacon fritatta.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on September 27, 2008, 01:36:51 AM
That looks DELICIOUS!

ITWAS!!

AND TOMORROW ILL HAVE MORE OF IT FOR BREAKFAST

YAAAAY

Quote from: Nigel on September 27, 2008, 02:33:05 AM
I was inspired to make a bacon fritatta.

put an oven dish around it and you got pretty much the same thing, no? ;-)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes, except the potatoes were in chunks and not pureed, but it turned out DELICIOUS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on September 27, 2008, 04:52:47 AM
Yes, except the potatoes were in chunks and not pureed, but it turned out DELICIOUS.

see? DELICIOUS! same thing.

:p