News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

HOW IS BRAIN FORMED? AKA Pixie's neurology/psychology/psychiatry research dump.

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, March 15, 2010, 02:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on June 14, 2012, 08:43:36 AM
That was great Nigel, thanks!

I found something related to the "Fear" portion mentioned above:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2012/06/12/overcoming-fear-in-the-brain/

It seems like Anandamide & our natural Cannabinoids play a key role in clearing the fear chemicals out of our system.

Oh, that is fascinating!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

I really wish I had a bunch to add to this thread, Pixie, but human neurophysiology is definitely not my background. And when I start talking about behavior, people don't like my "fixed action patterns" approach because, despite a large portion of human behavior being automatic, people don't like to be treated like robots.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!