News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

How I Found The Goddess and Started Making Out With Her In Public

Started by Rico Escobar, September 29, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

For reference, I refer you all to the ongoing works of HEJ and the "YOU ARE NOT FREE, JUST NOT CAUGHT YET." scrolls.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:51:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:49:11 PM
If you're looking to do somthing very strange in public, consider getting a street performers license for your local city. If you have one of these you can quickly shut down minor police harassment so long as what you're doing doesn't violate other ordinances. A Few dollars and some paperwork may save your ass, just saying.

Yeah, remember when the cops arrested those guys for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial?

Think so.. couple years ago? Flashmob thing iirc.

Yep.  Made the one guy's knees bend the wrong way, arrested a few of them.

For dancing.

At the Jefferson Memorial.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 29, 2014, 09:53:34 PM
For reference, I refer you all to the ongoing works of HEJ and the "YOU ARE NOT FREE, JUST NOT CAUGHT YET." scrolls.

I have that hanging on my wall.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 10:15:41 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:51:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:49:11 PM
If you're looking to do somthing very strange in public, consider getting a street performers license for your local city. If you have one of these you can quickly shut down minor police harassment so long as what you're doing doesn't violate other ordinances. A Few dollars and some paperwork may save your ass, just saying.

Yeah, remember when the cops arrested those guys for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial?

Think so.. couple years ago? Flashmob thing iirc.

Yep.  Made the one guy's knees bend the wrong way, arrested a few of them.

For dancing.

At the Jefferson Memorial.

Holy crap! I didn't follow the story closely. I take it they thought they could 'just do' that kind of thing without permission? How dare they!  :argh!: <-- at the state
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Rico Escobar

I remember the Jefferson Memorial thing as well.  Couple of years ago sounds right.  It was about the same time cops starting busting kids for having lemonade stands.  Makes about as much sense to me.

As for the street performer's license, I have been doing research into such things.  I know there are some folks who do it in the area, so hopefully its not too hard to do.
RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

Cain

It's things like this which make KYFMS a good idea.

When you can get arrested for anything, chances are you'll get arrested, regardless of the charge, for standing out.  Admittedly, not all parts of the world, or even the USA are as bad as this.  But it's always worth being aware of just how bad things can get.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

Good man, how does it look? I'm not even sure if anyone here's even seen the one shoved up in the entrances to the offices here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 30, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

Good man, how does it look? I'm not even sure if anyone here's even seen the one shoved up in the entrances to the offices here.

It also occurs to me that I can now add "Internationally displayed Writer/Artist" to my CV. I didn't do the art, but hell, it's a CV. The fact that any of it is true is a minor miracle.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2014, 09:29:55 AM
It's things like this which make KYFMS a good idea.

When you can get arrested for anything, chances are you'll get arrested, regardless of the charge, for standing out.  Admittedly, not all parts of the world, or even the USA are as bad as this.  But it's always worth being aware of just how bad things can get.

Couple of my friends (engaged couple) got harassed here in Lacrosse Wisconsin for being in the wrong alley with tissue paper in the girl's hand. The cops made many threats. Dogs. Unlawful search. They were detained and separated. The girl has police related PTSD from early childhood and she broke down and confessed to having a 'one hitter' pot pipe and a tiny, unweighable amount of pot. 700 in fines and lucky that LaX has decriminalized minor possession. Most of WI has not.

They claimed that the tissue paper in her hand (she had been crying) was evidence that they were selling heroin. They're fighting in court, they have witnesses and a strong case for unlawful search. They have to. 700 is a huge amount of money to them.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl