News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Unlimited Ferguson Thread of police state nightmare fuel.

Started by Da6s, August 14, 2014, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bruno

I have no idea how someone like that gained a position of any power in this state. When the local TV stations were posting their articles on facebook, most comments were from people demanding a police crackdown, and many were threatening to run the protesters over in their big ol' Chevy trucks.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on December 29, 2014, 08:02:10 PM
I have no idea how someone like that gained a position of any power in this state. When the local TV stations were posting their articles on facebook, most comments were from people demanding a police crackdown, and many were threatening to run the protesters over in their big ol' Chevy trucks.

Sometimes it only takes one guy to stop a po'bucker avalanche.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

Huh...

I'd almost forgotten what it was like to read something positive on the internet.

Thanks Howl  :)
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 29, 2014, 08:31:17 PM
Huh...

I'd almost forgotten what it was like to read something positive on the internet.

Don't thank me.  Thank the only moral man in Nashville.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Demolition Squid

Less awesome is this:

Quote"With the increasing number of ambush-style attacks against our officers, I am deeply concerned that a growing anti-government sentiment in America is influencing weak-minded individuals to launch violent assaults against the men and women working to enforce our laws and keep our nation safe," said Craig Floyd, chairman and CEO of the memorial fund.

"Enough is enough," he said in a statement. "We need to tone down the rhetoric and rally in support of law enforcement and against lawlessness."

You've got to love someone who can say - in the same breath - that we need to tone down the rhetoric and then paint the two sides as simply 'law enforcement' or 'lawlessness'. I'm sure that entrenching the two sides as 'The Law' and 'Cop Killing Anarchists' will help everyone calm down and sit down like reasonable people, right?
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 29, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
Huh...

I googled him to try to find the inevitable disappointing piece of news on him. Instead, there's him blowing the whistle on secret service agents for trying to get his officers to produce a fake warrant. There's an interview with him on NPR where he asked for more black people to join the Nashville Metro PD. And another story where he accused a sitting judge of having a "good ole boy" attitude towards domestic violence offenders. This is all just from the last few months.

Too early to say for sure, but I'm thinking Steve Anderson may just have a posse.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on December 30, 2014, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 29, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
Huh...

I googled him to try to find the inevitable disappointing piece of news on him. Instead, there's him blowing the whistle on secret service agents for trying to get his officers to produce a fake warrant. There's an interview with him on NPR where he asked for more black people to join the Nashville Metro PD. And another story where he accused a sitting judge of having a "good ole boy" attitude towards domestic violence offenders. This is all just from the last few months.

Too early to say for sure, but I'm thinking Steve Anderson may just have a posse.

Yeah, he appears to be the genuine article.
Molon Lube

Bruno

There are a lot of disappointed Bubbas and Bubbettes in Nashville right now. They're super pissed that he passed up such a great opportunity to crack some "racist" libtard skulls.

https://www.facebook.com/newschannel5/posts/10152521511177548
Formerly something else...

Cain

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ferguson-lawsuit-20150209-story.html#page=1

Quote"They are kept in overcrowded cells; they are denied toothbrushes, toothpaste, and soap; they are subjected to the constant stench of excrement and refuse in their congested cells; they are surrounded by walls smeared with mucus and blood; they are kept in the same clothes for days and weeks without access to laundry or clean underwear; they step on top of other inmates, whose bodies cover nearly the entire uncleaned cell floor, in order to access a single shared toilet that the city does not clean; they develop untreated illnesses and infections in open wounds that spread to other inmates; they endure days and weeks without being allowed to use the moldy shower; their filthy bodies huddle in cold temperatures with a single thin blanket even as they beg guards for warm blankets; they are not given adequate hygiene products for menstruation; they are routinely denied vital medical care and prescription medication, even when their families beg to be allowed to bring medication to the jail; they are provided food so insufficient and lacking in nutrition that inmates lose significant amounts of weight; they suffer from dehydration out of fear of drinking foul-smelling water that comes from an apparatus on top of the toilet; and they must listen to the screams of other inmates languishing from unattended medical issues as they sit in their cells without access to books, legal materials, television, or natural light. Perhaps worst of all, they do not know when they will be allowed to leave."

Also note the financial/political economy incentives behind this:

QuoteMany residents described experiencing constant scrutiny and ticketing by police for minor traffic offenses as they traveled through northern St. Louis County's dense quilt of small suburbs, whose municipal budgets rely heavily on the fines that come as a result.

Opponents of the ticketing practice say the system preys on poor residents who can't pay the disproportionate number of fines levied against them. In the worst-case scenarios, they said, poor but upstanding citizens become trapped in a cycle of poverty and jail time because they cannot pay their fines, which can result in warrants for their arrest.

QuoteThe lawsuits detail a system described as a "modern debtors' prison scheme" in which residents are held against their will in poor conditions without proper access to representation.

The complaints also describe a system in which inmates negotiate their fines with the courts and jail guards in order to secure their release – only to discover, after posting bond, that they would remain in jail on a separate warrant for a minor infraction.

The Jennings jail, for instance, serves as a jail for neighboring municipalities, and inmates sometimes don't know which city is legally holding them in custody, attorneys said.

"People end up running from city to city to figure out what city needs to be paid," Roediger said.

And, of course:

Quote"The jails are only full of black people. That's what sticks out to me," DeBerry said. "They are sticking these high fines on poor black people, and they cannot pay, and jailing them like that - they are sticking people in these jails who don't even have jobs ... it's just horrible."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."