A mental illness epidemic? Think again

Started by Cain, June 14, 2011, 03:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:39:41 PM
The OP does make a perfectly valid premise though. It's just looking at the wrong people for it's examples. It's these Diagnoctors who are all batshit crazies.

Yeah, batshit all the way to the bank.
Yeah, that says nothing for their judgement either.
"In Capitalist America, the Banks rob the people"

See, being a Brit, you just lack the proper glands to appreciate the superiority of our culture.
Rubbish. We had the idea of getting Pirates to run the Banks long before anyone else. You lot just supersized it, and milked the tit dry.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:50:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM
The OP does make a perfectly valid premise though. It's just looking at the wrong people for it's examples. It's these Diagnoctors who are all batshit crazies.

Yeah, batshit all the way to the bank.
Yeah, that says nothing for their judgement either.
"In Capitalist America, the Banks rob the people"

See, being a Brit, you just lack the proper glands to appreciate the superiority of our culture.
Rubbish. We had the idea of getting Pirates to run the Banks long before anyone else. You lot just supersized it, and milked the tit dry.

America:  Biggering everything up.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

You shouldn't judge them for having an over-active diagnosis gland.

It's been shown that superdiagnoctors excrete at least like twice the amount of prescriptions than the average.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 29, 2011, 05:56:10 PM

It's been shown that superdiagnoctors excrete at least like twice the amount of prescriptions than the average.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 29, 2011, 05:56:10 PM

Well, in that case, I've got all sorts of conditions for him. And a rather eclectic shopping list of drugs I'll be needing. For my chronic narcolepsy, my ADHD, my oppositional defiance disorder, and my terrible glaucoma.
(That'll do for starters)

No Dr. I didn't mean any of that shit earlier, I was just funning wit . . . . . . ZZZzzzzzzzzz *snores*
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Triple Zero

adhd can get you some fun stuff, though.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

obviously we need to invent some disease that requires people to eat cactus?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 29, 2011, 07:48:56 PM
obviously we need to invent some disease that requires people to eat cactus?

"Tucson".
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on August 29, 2011, 04:36:52 PM
Supertasters actually do have something like twice the normal density of taste buds, which can apparently make some foods seem overwhelmingly salty or bitter. I highly doubt that most picky eaters are supertasters, though.

I suspect most picky eaters are passive-aggressive little nancies who feel forced to attend some kind of dinner party or corporate function where food is being served, and pick the most pathetic thing they still have any control over in order to demoralize those around them.

Or they do it because they're on Come Dine With Me and really want to win £1000, and will put down other people's food to do it (oh, I don't like cheese, seafood, red meats or vegetables that aren't bought from a farmer's market.  What should I do today?  I know, I'll enter a food and hospitality competition where I'll be asked to judge the meals of complete strangers!)

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2011, 02:11:48 PM

I suspect most picky eaters are passive-aggressive little nancies who feel forced to attend some kind of dinner party or corporate function where food is being served, and pick the most pathetic thing they still have any control over in order to demoralize those around them.

All joking or rancour aside, this is it. They were at some point, so disempowered, the only thing they had any control over, is what they put into their bodies. And rather than let that little piece of power go, they get stuck, reinforcing a cycle where it's all they have. And that must be pretty fucking shit.
It's not to demoralise those around them though. (Although that is a consequence) It's to hang on to the shit life which is all they feel they have.

eta; I still stand by the "Halfway to Somalia" cure though. Got to be cruel to be kind.