News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Finally, the 2012 post we've all been longing for

Started by Mangrove, October 11, 2009, 04:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Kai

Thank fuck people are talking some SENSE.

Cram won't be happy, but whatever.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cramulus

THIS WILL NOT INHIBIT MY QUEST FOR CRAMSTIPATED END-OF-THE-WORLD HAND-WRINGING HYSTERIA

:cramstipated:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm curious about how the end of the world is going to impact the 2012 holiday shopping season.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Brotep

HAHAHAHAHAHA

We should start a business selling Mayan Apocalypse Readiness Kits.

Kai

Quote from: Brotep on October 11, 2009, 11:55:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on October 12, 2009, 12:28:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know, between people who bought it as a joke and people who bought it for serious, I bet that could be a tidy moneymaker.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Kai

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2009, 01:35:14 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 12, 2009, 12:28:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know, between people who bought it as a joke and people who bought it for serious, I bet that could be a tidy moneymaker.

I just realized, this is what Hubbard must have been thinking when he invented Scientology.

Brotep

Triple Zero

brotep, who's waiting??

anyway, so we got a crystal, mayan pictographs. needs something against solar flares, perhaps one of those special eclipse viewing glasses (don't think about it too much and that makes perfect sense).

and a countdown clock? can you order those? I should think so, just a simple LED alarm clock counting down programmed to a specific date. with a bunch of mayan symbols on it.

it should also have a bullshit booklet.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

In January 2001 I bought a bunch of Y2K preparation material. It was on sale 90% off.

The best thing in the whole package was the Y2K prep VHS casette, which explained

1) what goods you will need after the world ends - canned food, bottled water, first aid kits, etc
2) how to pack your car
3) prepare calmly, before the riots start

I don't think it explained where you should go after civilization is over, but that is best answered by the zombie survival guide

Triple Zero

You're gonna need interdimensional ducttape in 2012, canned goods and bottled water (unless it's infused with positive emotions) are gonna do you no good!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.