News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I brought up haggis because the last conversation I had with Pix here involved whether or not I should go to JP and eat the haggis. She encouraged me to. I'm still skeptical.

Twid,
A little bit Scottish, but way, way more Irish.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

At least, the last one I can recollect off the top me head.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Aucoq

I love me some offal.  Oddly enough, I even had a dream last night that a friend and I went to a butcher shop where I asked if they had various organs before walking out disappointed when the lady told me they didn't have any.  With that said, I've never eaten haggis before.  It's on my bucket list though.  :cry:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on July 18, 2014, 01:14:09 AM
Quote from: von on July 18, 2014, 01:10:47 AM
>We've been known to turn perfectly good spam threads into meaningful discussions.

I don't even think it's a matter of that. Over the years lurking here, I've seen threads about a given topic morph into 10 other things. Can't cite anything specific at all, but I can recall many a times seeing a discussion of [X super serious politico-philosophic topic] turn into a discussion about [broken dildos, cat penises, the price of coal in china, etc].

Is fun...

That part happens on every forum I've been a part of.  What is unique here IMO is the part Roger mentioned, the PD habit of redeeming a terrible thread simply via correct application of wit.

Personally I love that aspect, given my unfortunate tendency to knee-jerk and tantrum over every thread I create that does not get the response I was hoping for.

Wit is the best way of getting out of an unpleasant social situation.

It's not always possible, but when it is, it gives most people a way out of the situation with a shred of dignity intact.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Aucoq on July 18, 2014, 02:50:32 AM
I love me some offal.  Oddly enough, I even had a dream last night that a friend and I went to a butcher shop where I asked if they had various organs before walking out disappointed when the lady told me they didn't have any.  With that said, I've never eaten haggis before.  It's on my bucket list though.  :cry:

The most I've ever done is black pudding, which is basically sausage soaked in blood.

Quite tasty. Weird smelling gas though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2014, 02:51:19 AM
Quote from: trix on July 18, 2014, 01:14:09 AM
Quote from: von on July 18, 2014, 01:10:47 AM
>We've been known to turn perfectly good spam threads into meaningful discussions.

I don't even think it's a matter of that. Over the years lurking here, I've seen threads about a given topic morph into 10 other things. Can't cite anything specific at all, but I can recall many a times seeing a discussion of [X super serious politico-philosophic topic] turn into a discussion about [broken dildos, cat penises, the price of coal in china, etc].

Is fun...

That part happens on every forum I've been a part of.  What is unique here IMO is the part Roger mentioned, the PD habit of redeeming a terrible thread simply via correct application of wit.

Personally I love that aspect, given my unfortunate tendency to knee-jerk and tantrum over every thread I create that does not get the response I was hoping for.

Wit is the best way of getting out of an unpleasant social situation.

It's not always possible, but when it is, it gives most people a way out of the situation with a shred of dignity intact.

I think this is a pretty good tangent for this one.

LMNO

I'm a weird food eater.  Love me some tripe.  Love me fish heads.  Love me livers, hearts, and chicken feet.

The reason I've given haggi a pass is that it's sold as "oatmeal and parts in stomach" which I hear as "coppery blandness with the texture of cat food" which simply doesnt appeal.

Are there spices or herbs of any kind used? 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 18, 2014, 04:25:11 AM
I'm a weird food eater.  Love me some tripe.  Love me fish heads.  Love me livers, hearts, and chicken feet.

The reason I've given haggi a pass is that it's sold as "oatmeal and parts in stomach" which I hear as "coppery blandness with the texture of cat food" which simply doesnt appeal.

What I know is that it tastes spicy and goes well with Scotch. It's one of the rare combinations where whisk(e)y doesn't kill the spicy.

I've described it in the past as sheep without the meat.

I'll probably eventually suck it up and try it. At the end of the day, it is edible, it only sounds disgusting. And truth be told I used to find black pudding disgusting on principle and it's now one of my favorite foods.

hooplala

I've never even tried kidney... I should probably start there before I go to 'Organ-galore Served In Sheep's Stomach'.  Right?  Right?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bu🤠ns

...goes to look up Black Pudding. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Let me just put it this way:  There is a REASON that Scotsmen are made to live in mountains.

Suu

Black pepper. A metric shit ton of it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

Quote from: The Suu on July 18, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Black pepper. A metric shit ton of it.
I could eat a old tyre with enough black pepper.
Sleepless nights at the chateau