News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Golden Apples

Started by Kurt Christ, April 19, 2008, 07:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Christ

I'm not sure whather to put this in OM or here, so move it if there's an issue.

I want to pull a stunt handing out Golden Apples of Discord to random people. So far, I've got this plan:
Step One: Buy a bag of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Delicious
Step Two: Eat about half of them, becuase I love those fuckers.
Step Three: Write Kallisti on the remainder.
Step Four: Go to a place with a decent amount of pedestrian traffic and hand out apples to random people.

My question is, what is non-toxic, non-bad tasting, easily obtainable, and easily readable that I can use to write on the apples?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't think of anything that's edible, but a Sharpie would work. Or you could use a soldering iron to discolor the skin, which would work but they'd have to eat the apples right away or they'd go bad. Or you could use stickers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kurt Christ

Sharpie was my fist thought, but I would prefer something edible if I can get any suggestion for it. If not, Shapie it will be.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Nast

Could you pipe out the letters with cake-decorating frosting?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

sharpie is non toxic :)

frosting would chip/peel off too easily
(although it would taste a hell of a lot better)

Roo

There are also food coloring pens:
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/coloring/pens.htm

Though I'm not sure I'd want to eat an apple that some random person gave me, particularly if it's got writing on it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oooo! That could be handy! Thanks Roo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

you can just take a needle or knife-point and cut the letters in the peel. the lines will turn brown within minutes, and it's perfectly edible.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The only drawback is that the recipient has to eat it right away or it will rot, and also the recipient won't know whether the breached skin is tainted.

Triple Zero

in my experience, the rotting doesn't happen that fast, at least i've been able to keep apples with a cut skin for a week or so.

and the taintedness paranoia, yeah .. i think personally i would sooner eat an apple with a word cut in it than an apple that has something written on it [edit for clarity: with paint of a marker].

how about printing a bunch of small round stickers that say Kallisti (perhaps with a nice sacred chao design as well) and just slap those on the apples?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Akara

you could also get some of that sppray on food coloring and spray the apples actually gold...
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.