News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

ELDER SCROLLS V

Started by Cramulus, December 12, 2010, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Bethesda's FINALLY given us a little bit of info about the theater for the next Elderscrolls game

A very minimal tease was shown on Spike TV... this little bit tells us the next game's setting, and what kind of monster they're focusing on. Not a lot of info, but exciting nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRifj-2EEKs

Requia ☣

Will the gameplay suck less than last time?  It seems Beth can do combat or noncombat gameplay well, but never both at the same time.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cramulus

their gameplay has gotten successively better in each game

Requia ☣

Except for the unworkable leveling system in 4, sure.

Cain

You mean how everything levels with you?  That is one of the things which is putting me off about playing Oblivion, if I ever finish Morrowind.  I hope it is more like the latter - if you walk into the wrong area, at too low a level, you become a Daedric self-delivering snack service.

Requia ☣

That's part of it, the other half is that a level can be a minor boost or a major boost, depending on how you play, and if you aren't aware of this the monsters can end up getting stronger even faster than you do.

Cain

Does Oblivion still use the "increase three stats plus multipliers" system?

Jasper

Yeah, although there are mods you can get that incorporate more satisfying leveling.  And better encounters.

And mile high floating wizard houses.  :lol:

AFK

I was never able to completely get through Morrowind.  I would invariably kill the wrong person or lose something or get horribly stuck/lost and so I'd have to start the game over again. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Mark and Recall or Amivisi/Divine Intervention scrolls are incredibly useful if you're lost.

As for killing essential characters...save early, save often.  I know at least one character is incorrectly marked as essential though, you may want to check some of the walkthroughs to make sure.  There are some work arounds as well, I know you can even kill Vivec and still complete the game (though it is far more difficult).

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 08:38:57 AM
Yeah, although there are mods you can get that incorporate more satisfying leveling.  And better encounters.

And mile high floating wizard houses.  :lol:

The modding community make everything better.  Everything.   I want to nominate modders for Time Person of the Year.

Remington

I installed a mod for Oblivion that made the monsters non-leveled, then ran into a level 25 dungeon hen I was level 3.

Lured one of the bastards out of the dungeon and back to a city, kited him for 5 minutes while the city guards used him for target practice. Epic lootz were had  :lulz:
Is it plugged in?

Requia ☣

I may have to try the game again if I get a computer that can run it (have it on xbox right now).

Jasper

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 13, 2010, 01:33:38 PM
I was never able to completely get through Morrowind.  I would invariably kill the wrong person or lose something or get horribly stuck/lost and so I'd have to start the game over again.  

I killed the dweomer guy.  The one with the spider legs?  

What?

He LOOKED like a boss fight.  He was asking for it.  So was Vivec.  That tart.

Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2010, 01:40:45 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 08:38:57 AM
Yeah, although there are mods you can get that incorporate more satisfying leveling.  And better encounters.

And mile high floating wizard houses.  :lol:

The modding community make everything better.  Everything.   I want to nominate modders for Time Person of the Year.

Did you try the Midas magic mod?  Amazing.  He didn't make it easy at all, but summoning balrogs should not be easy.

(Also for years after playing Morrowind I kept fantasizing about having Mark/Recall.  Such a cool spell.)

Cain

I actually dont have Oblivion yet, it's on my list for when I finish Morrowind to my satisfaction (so at least one run-through playing as each Great House).