News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

North Korea demands an ass-kicking at the hands of South Korea.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 25, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 06, 2013, 09:37:46 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Meanwhile, guess who's making a bunch of spankin' new ICBMs?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/06/17634341-us-delays-missile-test-amid-tensions-with-north-korea?lite

If you said, "Jolly Old Uncle Sam", then treat yourself to a loyalty oath, Citizen!

It's just like the good old days, back again!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 07:39:50 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17685392-very-high-chance-north-korea-will-fire-missile-us-and-south-korea-say?lite

Whoopsie.

Idk, still seems like the News Industry™ is trying too hard to make me feel threatened by Li'l Kim over there. Smells like another march to war to keep people preoccupied.

Although, I will say that if it were entirely bullshit, China probably wouldn't appreciate our beating the war drum for a country that borders them.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 07:51:05 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17685392-very-high-chance-north-korea-will-fire-missile-us-and-south-korea-say?lite

Whoopsie.

Idk, still seems like the News Industry™ is trying too hard to make me feel threatened by Li'l Kim over there. Smells like another march to war to keep people preoccupied.

Although, I will say that if it were entirely bullshit, China probably wouldn't appreciate our beating the war drum for a country that borders them.

China has told its citizens to leave North Korea, and has cancelled all travel there.  They're more than a little annoyed at North Korea right now.

It IS possible for OTHER countries to be dicks, you know.  It isn't ALWAYS us.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM

Whoopsie.

China has told its citizens to leave North Korea, and has cancelled all travel there.  They're more than a little annoyed at North Korea right now.

Oh I know, it's just hard for me to fathom. Is it even possible for a government like the DPRK to engage in something like an actual direct attack on US forces or allies? You'd think the levels of lead poisoning required to cancel out their survival instincts like that would have killed them all dead before they got to that point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 07:54:24 PM

Whoopsie.

Oh I know, it's just hard for me to fathom. Is it even possible for a government like the DPRK to engage in something like an actual direct attack on US forces or allies? You'd think the levels of lead poisoning required to cancel out their survival instincts like that would have killed them all dead before they got to that point.

They have begun believing ther own propaganda.

Also, they're about to go down the crapper anyway.  Why not drag South Korea and Japan and as many Americans down with them as they can?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 07:55:21 PM

Whoopsie.

Also, they're about to go down the crapper anyway.  Why not drag South Korea and Japan and as many Americans down with them as they can?

This would be the perfect opportunity to let them try to start a war, and then not show up to fight it. We won't do that, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

Whoopsie.

This would be the perfect opportunity to let them try to start a war, and then not show up to fight it. We won't do that, though.

What if you had a war, and nobody showed up?

Well, no.  See, there's Japan & South Korea to consider.  Japan is one of our biggest trading partners and allies, and South Korea has been there EVERY TIME we've had trouble since WWII.

So, North Korea moves missles within striking range of Japan, maybe does something nasty like put a few sacks of waste radioactives in with the warheads?  Has big clunky nukes that can't fit in a missile but CAN fit on a flatbed truck (Hello, DMZ!) or a shipping container (How ya doin', LA harbor?).  Has 9000+ artillery pieces in range of 10 million South Koreans that consider us their best friends?

So tell me...What happens when you have a war, and ONE side shows up?  I think there's a word for that.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 08:01:17 PM
Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

Whoopsie.

What if you had a war, and nobody showed up?

Well, no.  See, there's Japan & South Korea to consider.  Japan is one of our biggest trading partners and allies, and South Korea has been there EVERY TIME we've had trouble since WWII.

So, North Korea moves missles within striking range of Japan, maybe does something nasty like put a few sacks of waste radioactives in with the warheads?  Has big clunky nukes that can't fit in a missile but CAN fit on a flatbed truck (Hello, DMZ!) or a shipping container (How ya doin', LA harbor?).  Has 9000+ artillery pieces in range of 10 million South Koreans that consider us their best friends?

So tell me...What happens when you have a war, and ONE side shows up?  I think there's a word for that.

Yeah...

Also, a bomb on a shipping barge? Ridiculous. That thing could take until their apparently arbitrary deadline for foreigners and diplomats to leave the country, to arrive in LA.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 08:04:11 PM
Also, a bomb on a shipping barge? Ridiculous. That thing could take until their apparently arbitrary deadline for foreigners and diplomats to leave the country, to arrive in LA.

As I've said before...As much shit as they're talking, whatever they're going to do is already done.

tyrannosaurus vex

Just for the sake of taking wildly uneducated stabs in the dark, what are the chances that China is pushing NK to make these threats to cover for some action they are planning?