News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 08, 2012, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.
California also just revamped our three strikes law - if it's not a violent crime, you don't get life. Thank god. That will help a lot on that front.

Oh my god, I'm so glad to see people starting to re-examine that whole system. Three strikes laws and mandatory minimum sentences are among the most unjust aspects of the American justice system. When I hear "tough on crime" in a political campaign I automatically translate it to "in the pocket of the for-profit prison lobby" and I hope that others are beginning to as well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Hahaha

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/the-strategy-that-paved-a-winning-path/2012/11/07/0a1201c8-2769-11e2-b2a0-ae18d6159439_print.html

QuoteWithin hours, on the advice of his messaging shop and with the blessing of his foreign policy advisers, Romney approved a statement that accused Obama of sympathizing with anti-American interests in the Muslim world. It was sent out shortly after 10 p.m.

By sunrise the next day, it was clear to Romney that they had acted too quickly. The campaign learned that four Americans had been killed in an attack on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. Even to some Republicans, Romney's hasty statement looked insensitive.

"We screwed up, guys," Romney told aides on a conference call that morning, according to multiple people on the call. "This is not good."

His advisers told him that, if he took back his statement, the neoconservative wing of the party would "take his head off."

How you gonna stand up to the Ayatollahs when you can't stand up to the extra chromosome wing of the GOP, Romney?

Juana

Quote from: CAKE on November 08, 2012, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 08, 2012, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.
California also just revamped our three strikes law - if it's not a violent crime, you don't get life. Thank god. That will help a lot on that front.

Oh my god, I'm so glad to see people starting to re-examine that whole system. Three strikes laws and mandatory minimum sentences are among the most unjust aspects of the American justice system. When I hear "tough on crime" in a political campaign I automatically translate it to "in the pocket of the for-profit prison lobby" and I hope that others are beginning to as well.
Yeah, I was pleased as fuck to see it in the ballot. I don't remember what the margin was, though.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

Quote from: Suu on November 08, 2012, 04:39:32 PM
http://electionresultbutthurt.tumblr.com/

Enjoy.

:horrormirth:
:vom: :horrormirth:

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 04:47:51 PM
Hahaha

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/the-strategy-that-paved-a-winning-path/2012/11/07/0a1201c8-2769-11e2-b2a0-ae18d6159439_print.html

QuoteWithin hours, on the advice of his messaging shop and with the blessing of his foreign policy advisers, Romney approved a statement that accused Obama of sympathizing with anti-American interests in the Muslim world. It was sent out shortly after 10 p.m.

By sunrise the next day, it was clear to Romney that they had acted too quickly. The campaign learned that four Americans had been killed in an attack on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. Even to some Republicans, Romney's hasty statement looked insensitive.

"We screwed up, guys," Romney told aides on a conference call that morning, according to multiple people on the call. "This is not good."

His advisers told him that, if he took back his statement, the neoconservative wing of the party would "take his head off."

How you gonna stand up to the Ayatollahs when you can't stand up to the extra chromosome wing of the GOP, Romney?
:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 08, 2012, 04:50:31 PM

Enjoy.

I can't anymore. I can only see that word so many times in one sitting.

I don't know, the rant about him being bad at golf and bowing to the Prince of Saudi Arabia is pretty hilarious.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 08, 2012, 04:50:31 PM

Enjoy.

I can't anymore. I can only see that word so many times in one sitting.

I don't know, the rant about him being bad at golf and bowing to the Prince of Saudi Arabia is pretty hilarious.

True, but there's just so much sewage to wade through.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mangrove

Ahh...someone always brings up Karma. What I love about that is that the people who make those posts show not even the slightest inkling of Hindu or Buddhist notions on the subject. They then compound the hilarity with:

"If X person does something I don't like/understand, I hope karma fucks them up the ass and gives them cancer."

:golfclap: Congratulations, you have taken a philosophical question about cause & effect relationships, welded it to a vengeful monotheistic deity that karmic religions lack and then invoked aforementioned phantom to destroy your enemy. Theologically sound and very healthy I'm sure.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Suu

The bad at golf one made me lawl.

I mean, because it's such a white "sport".
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I almost forgot, it looks like the massive Prayerfest-for-Romney oddly... didn't work.

Either that, or it did work, and God thinks Mitt's a douche, as well.

Mangrove

Mrs Mang had the whole 'You can't vote Obama if you're a Christian' insanity thrown at her recently. Many moons ago, Mrs M (as a teen) went to a Baptist church....but she got better.

Anyways, a new woman working in her office went to that same church some time ago, so there are people they both know in common. The mistake this woman made was assuming that:

a) Mrs Mang was a Christian.
b) That her political views were 'traditional' if we use the word traditional is the sense of 'divinely sanctioned racism & homophobia'.

So, new girl kept bringing up politics and the election and Mrs Mang kept dodging the issue. I told her that, if she didn't shut this woman down, she will believe you are a 'project' to get you back into church. Well, Mrs Mang kept her cool for a good while but the office noob was unable to decode her non-committal responses as a polite way of saying STFU. 

Last week, Mrs Mang exploded epically   :lol: Every time the woman would try to object, Mrs Mang was 'nope, shut up, I'm still talking' swatting Baptist memes out of the air like King Kong and the biplanes. It was a glorious combination of frustration and logic that stunned this woman into silence.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2012, 05:25:21 PM
There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

It's all about the butthurt whimpering.  It's more than I ever dreamed I'd be treated to.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.