News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Rant Θ: Political acrobatcs...

Started by Trollax, July 14, 2004, 06:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

The damn bald bastard is at it again. The man who kisses up to america so much he wears Bush as a suit is taking a leaf (or a few reefers) from american politics and attempting to buy his way back into office with a few empty promises and finally doing the right thing and calling it a policy change...

This week, this week alone! The Australian Liberal party has turned down a proposal for a nuclear waste dump in South Australia, and granted 10,000 refugees (finally called refugees by the government instead of illegal immigrants or asylum seekers to avoid the UN) are being granted temporary protection visas. After spending last month buying votes by handing out one-off payments through medicare (the federal health system) this month, the man they call little johnnie howard is going after the humanitarian vote... Next week he may just do a backflip on the issue of the stolen generation and say sorry, something he swore he'd never do 5 years ago.

And people are actually buying it! I could throw up if I hadn't spen t the last week retching on the inside at this sickening display of ass-kissing. A government that has spent the last 10 years ignoring the public has suddenly turned around and started acting like the jealous lover who is afraid of losing their only redeeming feature...

Let me tell you something. Lips that touch George Bush's ass will never touch mine...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDThe damn bald bastard is at it again. The man who kisses up to america so much he wears Bush as a suit is taking a leaf (or a few reefers) from american politics and attempting to buy his way back into office with a few empty promises and finally doing the right thing and calling it a policy change...

This week, this week alone! The Australian Liberal party has turned down a proposal for a nuclear waste dump in South Australia, and granted 10,000 refugees (finally called refugees by the government instead of illegal immigrants or asylum seekers to avoid the UN) are being granted temporary protection visas. After spending last month buying votes by handing out one-off payments through medicare (the federal health system) this month, the man they call little johnnie howard is going after the humanitarian vote... Next week he may just do a backflip on the issue of the stolen generation and say sorry, something he swore he'd never do 5 years ago.

And people are actually buying it! I could throw up if I hadn't spen t the last week retching on the inside at this sickening display of ass-kissing. A government that has spent the last 10 years ignoring the public has suddenly turned around and started acting like the jealous lover who is afraid of losing their only redeeming feature...

Let me tell you something. Lips that touch George Bush's ass will never touch mine...

You don't have to come to America.  America will come to you.

On the other hand, that might not be such a bad thing.

All of Bush's people are being, or about to be, indicted.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MescalineBanana

Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Hey... you're not the only one doing the hokey-pokey for the hokeys on their way to the pokey.  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

Hey... you're not the only one doing the hokey-pokey for the hokeys on their way to the pokey.  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

Tom DeLay is going to jail!  24 felony indictments forthcoming!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Trollax

Unless they take it to the supreme court and it is decreed as god's will that he goes free...

*rolls over laughing so hard that he pukes*

The Good Reverend Roger

Unless they take it to the supreme court and it is decreed as god's will that he goes free...

:x  :x  :x

Quit pissin' on my parade!

archPope Rocket P Llama

Well, look at it this way. Good is being accomplished. It's being done for all the wrong reasons, but it's results that count.

This is why I've almost totally stopped following politics, except to say, SsBella for Loverboy of the Koopa Kingdom 2004!
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Colonel Failure

:x  :x  :x

Quit pissin' on my parade!

All your indictments are belong to us.

Somebody set up us the Tom with no DeLay.

For great justice!
All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]

The Good Reverend Roger

Colonel Failure

All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]