News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

They killes Rock and Roll

Started by Adios, May 20, 2011, 03:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I can prove it.

There are two Idol finalists, a 16 year old girl and a 17 year old boy. Both are country music singers.

Before you ask, no I do not vote, but sometimes I like to watch because I like music and I grew up with it on teevee.

Dysfunctional Cunt

The two left can actually sing and I was pleasantly surprised.  

JW said last night that this proves what he has been saying for a while now, America is on a country kick. 

He then went back to killing zombies in Left 4 Dead...

Adios

Quote from: Khara on May 20, 2011, 03:52:09 PM
The two left can actually sing and I was pleasantly surprised.  

JW said last night that this proves what he has been saying for a while now, America is on a country kick. 

He then went back to killing zombies in Left 4 Dead...

What real choice is there left in music? Terri just got Gagas album free in Farmville and she wants to return it for a full refund. What sucks is I am being forced to hear it.

I fully expected Roger to cloud up and rain all over me for this thread.  :lulz:

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm very MEH on the music that is coming out today.  I tend to listen to a little of everything, but I do find I'm on the country station more these days than in the past.  Just because even the metal stations throw in bullshit rap stuff on the sly and that makes me want to run down puppies.

Adios

Quote from: Khara on May 20, 2011, 03:57:09 PM
I'm very MEH on the music that is coming out today.  I tend to listen to a little of everything, but I do find I'm on the country station more these days than in the past.  Just because even the metal stations throw in bullshit rap stuff on the sly and that makes me want to run down puppies.

I know what you mean. I will button surf and then pop in a cd that has music on it I want to hear. It's only going to get worse as country makes its way closer to pop.

AFK

I don't know that I'd really consider Lady GaGa Rock and Roll anyway.  Seems more like dance music to me.  

But I really blame the Internet for the state of Rock and Roll.  In my mind, Rock was driven by the success of the LP format.  With the Internet, the LP format is in critical condition and likely to die in the next decade or two.  Also, I think the Internet has lead to something of an over-saturation of new music.  It's more difficult, I think, for a new band to really make some noise in the scene and get up the momentum to become an established and known band.  

But then again, I'm probably just biased by my BIP which was created as I grew up in the 80s and early 90s.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 20, 2011, 03:59:05 PM

I know what you mean. I will button surf and then pop in a cd that has music on it I want to hear. It's only going to get worse as country makes its way closer to pop.

GAH!  It's to be expected...  and a new genre will be defined and they will try to tell everyone who played a fucking note before them how they were just doing it wrong....

And you have to wonder if Johnny Cash and Janis Joplin are somewhere doing shots and laughing... or maybe crying.

Adios

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 20, 2011, 04:01:12 PM
I don't know that I'd really consider Lady GaGa Rock and Roll anyway.  Seems more like dance music to me.  

But I really blame the Internet for the state of Rock and Roll.  In my mind, Rock was driven by the success of the LP format.  With the Internet, the LP format is in critical condition and likely to die in the next decade or two.  Also, I think the Internet has lead to something of an over-saturation of new music.  It's more difficult, I think, for a new band to really make some noise in the scene and get up the momentum to become an established and known band.  

But then again, I'm probably just biased by my BIP which was created as I grew up in the 80s and early 90s.  

I honestly don't think it's just you. Music is getting so...generic recently.

Adios

Quote from: Khara on May 20, 2011, 04:01:46 PM

GAH!  It's to be expected...  and a new genre will be defined and they will try to tell everyone who played a fucking note before them how they were just doing it wrong....

And you have to wonder if Johnny Cash and Janis Joplin are somewhere doing shots and laughing... or maybe crying.

Neither, they are drinking like fish, playing real music and having one hell of a party.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 20, 2011, 04:04:35 PM
Quote from: Khara on May 20, 2011, 04:01:46 PM

Neither, they are drinking like fish, playing real music and having one hell of a party.

:lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 20, 2011, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 20, 2011, 04:01:12 PM

I honestly don't think it's just you. Music is getting so...generic recently.

Ahem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujebm05G9JA

LMNO

Dysfunctional Cunt

LMNO

QuotetUnE-yArDs (the StudlyCaps are intentional) is the music project of New England native Merrill Garbus. When performing live, Garbus creates drum loops on the spot, and layers these with ukulele, voice, and electric bass (played by Nate Brenner). The "w h o k i l l" tour will add a saxophone section.