News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Triple Zero, we've had enough of your shit.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 28, 2009, 09:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Dok: Triple zero, did you order the red bike?!

Judge: You don't have to ride that bike--

000: I'll ride the bike. You want bikes?

Dok: I think I'm entitled.

000: You want bikes?!

Dok: I want the bikes!

000: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BIKES! Dok, we live in a world that has streets, and those streets have to be guarded by bikes. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Doktor Howl? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for road signs and you curse the one-way streets. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: those road signs, while tragic, probably saved bikes. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves bikes! You don't want the bikes, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on those streets! You need me on those streets! We use words like "frame, "spoke nipple", "double-walled clincher rim". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending bikes. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who steers and drives over the bikes of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a bike, and ride against the traffic. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
Dok: Did you order the red bike?
000: I did the job that—-
Dok: Did you order the red bike?!
000: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!

(be sure to watch the youtube vid behind the link when you get the chance, it's fucking amazing)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

You're at work now, right? When get home, click the link and see the video of an American man who cannot handle, no, is unable to fathom the bikes, causing acute culture shock. It's wonderful :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 28, 2010, 03:26:10 PM
You're at work now, right? When get home, click the link and see the video of an American man who cannot handle, no, is unable to fathom the bikes, causing acute culture shock. It's wonderful :)

Will do.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not having cars in the city is a really great idea. I really think we should do that in Portland.

That guy doesn't just sound culture shocked, though, he sounds autistic. How many times is he going to say "There are no cars at all!" And then he talks about how they could never do the same thing in Seattle. :? Seattle would be perfect to go car-free, although not as perfect as Portland or SF.

I've been a little obsessed about dense, carless urban areas since I visited Arcosanti 12 years or so ago. It's a really good idea.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 28, 2010, 04:37:54 PM
That guy doesn't just sound culture shocked, though, he sounds autistic. How many times is he going to say "There are no cars at all!"

I thought that was the most hilarious :) Seeing my home town described like that.

And pay attention to the final weird noisy semi fast-forwarded bit where he walks through the bike racks at the Central Train Station, it's eerie, but there are seriously over 10,000 bikes parked there at all times :) As well as littered all over town, everything possible to chain a bike to, has a bike chained to it. And usually one on each side of a street-lamp post. Sometimes just a few parts of a bike, like a bike monster ate the other half of it.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 28, 2010, 04:37:54 PM
Not having cars in the city is a really great idea. I really think we should do that in Portland.

That guy doesn't just sound culture shocked, though, he sounds autistic. How many times is he going to say "There are no cars at all!" And then he talks about how they could never do the same thing in Seattle. :? Seattle would be perfect to go car-free, although not as perfect as Portland or SF.

I've been a little obsessed about dense, carless urban areas since I visited Arcosanti 12 years or so ago. It's a really good idea.

I approve of this bicyclocentrism.

:awesome:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Reginald Ret

Any dutchspag knows two things and so should you:
1. your lock must be more expensive than your bike.
2. Never chain only your front wheel to the lightpost.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"