The City that Ate People #1: What Richter thinks is wrong with you all

Started by Richter, May 21, 2013, 10:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

For one thing you are all are made out of the wrong stuff for your role models.  Your role models are ideas and philosophies.  Bright shinning characters on a screen or in a book who kept their shit together for the few hours it took to find out their tale.  They did not have to hold things together through rush hour, school bus trips, pointless meetings or check out lines at Wal Mart. 

You, on the other hand, are MEAT.

How would Walker, Texas Ranger, deal with that shit?  What would Chuck Norris Do THERE?

He would stand in line like a good goddamn doobie, because all the horrible martial arts he had to visit on the rest of his series, he did it so everyone else could wait for their own turn in line with the indolent 20-something at the check out.
Where's the JUSTICE there?  Well, for one thing, no one is shooting each other to move ahead one space.  No one is harvesting a kidney from the lady at the back of the line while she isn't looking.  All that crap you so gleefully do in "SKyrim" or "Fallout" ISN'T happening to YOU YET.  Nope, the worst that happens is some smirking punk cuts off the dweeb two people ahead of you, and gets out faster because no one has the stones to tell him to wait like everyone else.
That's the Pax Romana for you.  Justice will never, and can never be absolute.

HORRIBLE, you say?  Then send in $200 to the town for that red light you ran last week.  Another $200 for speeding to pass that guy on the highway.  $100 for dropping you "Coke" can in the bush because the garbage can was too far away, or flicking a cigarette butt onto the pavement. 

This wiggle room in the code lets us be MEAT safely.  It gives us a chance to say "Shit, that really didn't solve anything, did it?" and do better next time.  Not to decide we're going to live our lives pulling off little screw-overs before we're the ones who get screwed. 

Because it's only wrong to you when YOU get screwed.  When you do it it's OK.  It's JUSTIFIED somehow. 

Be honest with yourself, if you still have the character to do so.

Or kill me.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

QuoteHORRIBLE, you say?  Then send in $200 to the town for that red light you ran last week.  Another $200 for speeding to pass that guy on the highway.  $100 for dropping you "Coke" can in the bush because the garbage can was too far away, or flicking a cigarette butt onto the pavement. 

I don't speed or cut people off. I pick up litter during my walks at the park. I recycle. I don't smoke. I don't play Skyrim or Fallout.

QuoteNope, the worst that happens is some smirking punk cuts off the dweeb two people ahead of you, and gets out faster because no one has the stones to tell him to wait like everyone else.

Busted. I don't notice this shit. I'm usually folding origami or knitting in line.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

You know, I read all this shit and I go 'fuck yeah!' I'm bouncing on my couch fistbumping Jesus and shouting 'BURN IT ALL DOWN!'.

Then I actually think about it. I'm bitchy. And bitter. And nothing ever changes. Because I don't change. I'm too passive. I just don't care anymore. All my heroes are made of cellophane and styrofoam and clever marketing ploys that have something to do with sitting on the couch and getting fatter.

Fuck!

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Richter

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 21, 2013, 10:32:17 PM
QuoteHORRIBLE, you say?  Then send in $200 to the town for that red light you ran last week.  Another $200 for speeding to pass that guy on the highway.  $100 for dropping you "Coke" can in the bush because the garbage can was too far away, or flicking a cigarette butt onto the pavement. 

I don't speed or cut people off. I pick up litter during my walks at the park. I recycle. I don't smoke. I don't play Skyrim or Fallout.

It's not about if you can dodge all the examples either, is it?

QuoteNope, the worst that happens is some smirking punk cuts off the dweeb two people ahead of you, and gets out faster because no one has the stones to tell him to wait like everyone else.

Busted. I don't notice this shit. I'm usually folding origami or knitting in line.

At least it isn't a smartphone.

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 21, 2013, 10:34:37 PM
You know, I read all this shit and I go 'fuck yeah!' I'm bouncing on my couch fistbumping Jesus and shouting 'BURN IT ALL DOWN!'.

Then I actually think about it. I'm bitchy. And bitter. And nothing ever changes. Because I don't change. I'm too passive. I just don't care anymore. All my heroes are made of cellophane and styrofoam and clever marketing ploys that have something to do with sitting on the couch and getting fatter.

Fuck!

TGRR does that.  Lazy.

We have a Jeep, and a city full of perverts.  Daddy's home.
Molon Lube

Richter

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 21, 2013, 10:34:37 PM

Fuck!

We're ALL guilty.

"A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time" - Torquemada

Change is proportional to the energy invested in it, and there is no minimum deposit.

Quote from: Richter on May 21, 2013, 10:37:53 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 21, 2013, 10:32:17 PM

It's not about if you can dodge all the examples either, is it?

At least it isn't a smartphone.

Nope. It's not about dodging examples. It's about being amused and then struck stupid by my own sanctimoniousness.