News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 11, 2010, 06:29:38 AM
:eek:

Phox,
Self-conscious about her voice now.

You haven't sent me anything yet, have you?

Phox

LMNO

LMNO

Kai's rant, "Days Pass" is up.  Rant 9.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thespiderproject#!/artist/artist_songs/614898

It needs some EQ/level tweaking, but i just wanted to share.

LMNO

Tweaked the song, changed up a few beats, boosted some bass.  TGRR is next.

Phox

Like it. Not sure about the voice effects, though they fit quite well.

LMNO

Another new track... TGRR with the "It's hard to know when the Spiders came and made everything real" rant.

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/614898

Rant 8.

Free for streaming and download.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 23, 2011, 07:25:12 PM
Another new track... TGRR with the "It's hard to know when the Spiders came and made everything real" rant.

Rant 8.

:mittens:

I was still talking too fast.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Rant 8.

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:
Favorite rant, favorite track.

Funny thing, when I was toying with that one before I wrote my own, I kept scrapping it because I thought I was speaking too slowly.

Phox

Oh and an update: As soon as I get over this fucking cold, I'll start working on mine again. I have recorded it a few times, and I haven't quite got a delivery that I thought worked for what I was shooting for with the narrative.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 23, 2011, 11:51:49 PM

Rant 8.

Amusingly, I actually slowed your track down to 87% of it's original speed.

If I didn't know better, I'd advise to lay off the biker speed.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 24, 2011, 03:27:54 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 23, 2011, 11:51:49 PM

Rant 8.

Amusingly, I actually slowed your track down to 87% of it's original speed.

If I didn't know better, I'd advise to lay off the biker speed.

FACT:  When I met TGRR he was speaking at his normal pace, the act of which caused such friction that his teeth melted and his lips burst into flames.  After drowning the conflagration in gravy, he casually declared he would go "freshen up" and returned with a mismatched and out of place set of new teeth concealed by what looked like, and I can only hope was, mangled raw chicken wings.  When rushing to the bathroom to go vomit I accidentally wandered into what had to be his harvesting zone, also the kitchen of this establishment, and what I saw relaxed my stomach...and my bowels right along with it.  Curiously neither he nor Richter questioned why I returned to the table wearing the head chef's pants, though I swear Richter threw me a look of solemn knowing.

These continue to be excellent, LMNO.  In the process of recording my own pieces as well as the Who Are We? stuff I've come to the conclusion that I don't know how anyone in my presence is able to tolerate the sound of pure revulsion that seems to emanate from my face when I move it around in an attempt to communicate.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

3D3N

I like this idea, and the dark trip-hop sound suits it, although I do have a few issues. More often than not the instruments used tend to clump around the same frequency range as the vocals and steals energy from them. What sounds like a lack of compression means you sometimes have the vocals sticking out at larger volumes than resting comfortably in the mix, did you turn them up to compensate? I get that the music is essentially rap backing tracks, but they're in danger of falling into monotony due to the lack of contrast, maybe if you give the music a few more different sections or gave the voices more dynamics and expression you could retain interest. The one called "Spiders" started to get cool near the end with a new dischord but I think was maybe too late and not really long enough. The actual content of the vocals is cool, but I don't think you'll achieve what you want with just how good the words are. I'm not sure how much of this is down to the lo-q versions you've put up for reverbnation but the tracks are all pretty short and there doesn't seem to be a need to lose that much quality if you recorded at 24bit and then busted it down to 16.

LMNO

Your criticisms are noted, and appreciated.  Further mixing will be needed, I'm just trying to get ideas down right now.

However, recording at 24 bit and then reducing to 16 bit is really fucking stupid.  Why record with a 144dB dynamic range and then crush it down to 96dB?  It's like completing an oil painting and then taking a black-and-white picture of it.

You don't "keep" the subtleties of 24 bit recording when you bounce down to 16; and unless you're releasing it as a DVD, you're never going to hear it, because no other commercial format supports it.