News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

BRONYCON!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 02, 2013, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on August 03, 2013, 12:07:43 AM
Bronies are an easy target.

Especially ever since two of the reddit bronies abducted a little girl at some reddit meet. To be honest the amount of actual peophiles in their sub culture probably isn't much higher then say Anime fans or the like.

I can't hold an entire subculture responsible for the actions of two people.

I mean, if that were the standard, you could shit all over everyone and you'd never get to stop.
Molon Lube

Suu

My friend is there vending at the moment. She's apparently laughing her way all the way to the bank.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Especially ever since two of the reddit bronies abducted a little girl at some reddit meet. To be honest the amount of actual peophiles in their sub culture probably isn't much higher then say Anime fans or the like.

Anime fandom took a serious U-Turn in about 2007-2008. The age demographic dropped like a rock, and with it went the quality of conventions and what little respect the actual Japanese artists had for the western fans. Cosplay changed, and shows changed to appeal to the market, etc. I can't get myself into Ponies.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Bumping for the lawls!

Faust

Anyone here seen the play/movie Equus?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I thought the title of this thread was "Bronycoin", which led to much rolling of the eyes.

Pæs

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 03, 2013, 04:16:02 AM

I can't hold an entire subculture responsible for the actions of two people.

I mean, if that were the standard, you could shit all over everyone and you'd never get to stop.

Various thoughts -

The age demographic of 18-34 males was probably intentionally targeted. And is more likely than not now actively being marketed to. Matel has money. Matel has sold you toys since you were a child. Matel will not stop trying to take your money just because you've reached a certain age. From that perspective several men are paying large amounts of cash for kids toys thinking it's somehow subversive. Which truly highlights the brilliance of the marketing.

The likelihood of Paedophile involvement I'd have to guess to be somewhat higher than average. I've got no proof for this beyond a hunch but it seems likely. I've not seen any solid numbers regarding paedophiles and Anime but there's large swathes of fucking creepy anime content and I'd have to assume some involvement.

Bronycoin is inevitable. If I knew how I'd make it just to make some easy cash.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

whenhellfreezes