News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

ULTIMATE LIFE HACK

Started by Pæs, April 24, 2014, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

MMIX

Wow, that has to be the ultimate "Curate's Egg".
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Reginald Ret

4. WAT.
5. Cannabis is not homeopathic. Also, Wat.
6. What? What mean Speak Truth to Power?

Now I'm pissed that i actually do 2 and 8.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

"Speak Truth to Power" is one of those tired, cliched phrases beloved of lefties, libertarians and conspiracy theorists everywhere.  They love it, because it aggrandizes their beliefs ("truth") and their role ("plucky outsider telling "Power" how it is").

It was actually coined by Quakers, who I can somewhat respect, Richard Nixon aside, since they have a long history of principled pacifism, opposition to slavery and similar.

Junkenstein

The irony of course being, that Power defines Truth.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Balls. 

F=ma

That's true, regardless of who's in Power.

hooplala

My diabetic sister might disagree with at least one of those.  But then again, you know what they say about diabetics...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

POLITICAL DARWINISM.

This is a group that has found a way to make themselves powerless without making themselves invisible.  Which seems to me to be a fatal mutation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trippinprincezz13

Reading 1-3, I was like "ok, this isn't so bad" - even if 3 is nearly impossible, steps toward it are at least fine enough. Then 4 :roll: Not that I'm for mutilating children, but it's obvious why that's there.

And I like potted up as much as the next guy, and am all for research into the benefits of medical marijuana, but I really can't stand the "ALL doctors and prescriptions are evil! Weed cures all!"

In the same way that I have an interest in the "paranormal" and what have you, but then people are like "OH, so you must like that Ghost Hunters show" and I want to stab myself in the eye
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on April 24, 2014, 05:06:10 PM
Reading 1-3, I was like "ok, this isn't so bad" - even if 3 is nearly impossible, steps toward it are at least fine enough. Then 4 :roll: Not that I'm for mutilating children, but it's obvious why that's there.

And I like potted up as much as the next guy, and am all for research into the benefits of medical marijuana, but I really can't stand the "ALL doctors and prescriptions are evil! Weed cures all!"

In the same way that I have an interest in the "paranormal" and what have you, but then people are like "OH, so you must like that Ghost Hunters show" and I want to stab myself in the eye

THIS IS HOW THEY FUCK YOU.

Everything out of the ordinary is blown so far out of proportion that it's cringetastic to look at.  Everything weird is made stupid.  Every question about modern medicine or corporate practices is turned into some hippie raving.  Concerns about Monsanto, etc, are morphed into some weird Terrence-McKenna-more-stoned-than-usual "FARM YE OLDE EARTH" assbaggery.

So soon, you stop questioning anything, because a false dichotomy has been established, and THE alternative to the status quo is dumb fucking flower child bullshit.  It occurs to me that I have fallen for this trap myself. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I was pretty sure that this is a fairly clever troll.  Then I thought about Poe, and had a sad.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

What if you raise your own chickens and then use their eggs to produce your own vaccines? No big-pharma, no evil, no problem...right?

Which reminds me, Hey Nigel, when you're flush with eggs again...
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on April 24, 2014, 06:10:31 PM
What if you raise your own chickens and then use their eggs to produce your own vaccines? No big-pharma, no evil, no problem...right?

Which reminds me, Hey Nigel, when you're flush with eggs again...

Sadly, I only have 4 hens left and only 2 of them seem to be laying, so I have to make the decision whether to obtain more chickens or whether to call it good and let them slowly fade away.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The part about not vaccinating or medicating kids really gets to me. These are the people who just let their kids die of preventable/curable diseases and then pretend it wasn't their fault.