News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2015, 11:25:08 PM
Little Orange in the Underground is UP!

As I said earlier, I broke the story up into the three arcs.

Book 1 is Little Orange in the Underground. (Up now1)
Book 2 is Little Orange and the Engines of Creation.  (Up by Monday)
Book 3 is Little Orange at the End of the World. (Up by Next Friday)

They go for $2.99 each, and proceeds go to Little Orange, care of Nigel.

1  Only on Smashwords.  The other sites will take a few days.

Hooray!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am bored as hell and also suspect that I am in the wrong hostel. There are 3 Fying Dog hostels, all in the same neighborhood, and I haven´t seen any of the other students in this one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

IT'S A TRAP!

Also, final edit on Little Orange book 3 (the last of it) has begun.  Oh, my eyes.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The hostel people insist I'm in the right hostel. I have no idea where the other students are and I've already walked all over Mireflores and down to the beach and it´s all just shopping. Bleah.

The most interesting thing so far today, besides the fact that this district is full of thousands of feral cats (in the square across from the hostel, there are at least 50 sitting in tourist's laps at any given time) was that I thought I was ordering an enchilada combo for lunch, but it turned out to be a sort of hamburger made with hot pink spicy ground ham and shredded chicken, wrapped in a potato crepe, with ketchup and shoestring potatoes. It was clearly a miscommunication, and I have no idea what to ask for if I want to replicate it. It was weird, but good, and I fed the extra ham to feral cats.   

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe I should go for another walk and try to find some iced tea or something.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 20, 2015, 08:19:08 PM
The hostel people insist I'm in the right hostel. I have no idea where the other students are and I've already walked all over Mireflores and down to the beach and it´s all just shopping. Bleah.

The most interesting thing so far today, besides the fact that this district is full of thousands of feral cats (in the square across from the hostel, there are at least 50 sitting in tourist's laps at any given time) was that I thought I was ordering an enchilada combo for lunch, but it turned out to be a sort of hamburger made with hot pink spicy ground ham and shredded chicken, wrapped in a potato crepe, with ketchup and shoestring potatoes. It was clearly a miscommunication, and I have no idea what to ask for if I want to replicate it. It was weird, but good, and I fed the extra ham to feral cats.

If you want an actual, nice hamburger, ask for the nearest Bembos.  And get some Inca Cola, while you're there.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that is where the other students are, too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2015, 09:39:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 20, 2015, 08:19:08 PM

If you want an actual, nice hamburger, ask for the nearest Bembos.  And get some Inca Cola, while you're there.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that is where the other students are, too.

That's good to know! I was eyeballing the Bembos and wondering if they're any good. There are also a lot of Popeye's Chickens.

Cain

My recollection from 12 years ago is that Bebemos does pretty good burgers.  It wont feel like you've died and gone to burger heaven or anything, but they feel like proper homemade burgers, and a real cut about the usual McD's or Burger King fair.

Not so sure about the chicken place...there are a lot of chicken places in Peru though, and most are cheap and cheerful.   When I was there it was about 2 soles for a good serving of chicken and thick cut chips, maybe three if you wanted a drink and desert or starter.

Doktor Howl

Hardcopy edits of LO 2 & 3 are complete.  Tomorrow I enter the edits, and upload the books.

Holy crap.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Formerly something else...

axod

just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2015, 11:41:54 PM
My recollection from 12 years ago is that Bebemos does pretty good burgers.  It wont feel like you've died and gone to burger heaven or anything, but they feel like proper homemade burgers, and a real cut about the usual McD's or Burger King fair.

Not so sure about the chicken place...there are a lot of chicken places in Peru though, and most are cheap and cheerful.   When I was there it was about 2 soles for a good serving of chicken and thick cut chips, maybe three if you wanted a drink and desert or starter.

Popeye's in the States is the bomb.

I did notice that there are an awful lot of chicken places here. Unfortunately, I'm staying in Miraflores, which is ridiculously expensive, priced for tourists, and even the cheapest food here is still 12-14 soles.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel