News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 21, 2015, 03:08:11 AM
Hardcopy edits of LO 2 & 3 are complete.  Tomorrow I enter the edits, and upload the books.

Holy crap.

Kick ass!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 21, 2015, 02:21:19 PM
But I'm leaving today! So, not so bad.

Yeah, Miraflores is nice, but pricey.  I also saw on Facebook you had some Chinese food.  Peru's actually got quite a sizeable Japanese and Chinese population, due to 19th century migrant workers, so it's sorta become part of the culture over there.  Hell, even one of their President's was of Japanese descent (though he was also a raging asshole).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2015, 02:32:34 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 21, 2015, 02:21:19 PM
But I'm leaving today! So, not so bad.

Yeah, Miraflores is nice, but pricey.  I also saw on Facebook you had some Chinese food.  Peru's actually got quite a sizeable Japanese and Chinese population, due to 19th century migrant workers, so it's sorta become part of the culture over there.  Hell, even one of their President's was of Japanese descent (though he was also a raging asshole).

Yes, both of the Chinese places I´ve checked out seem to have menus very based on fried rice, which is interesting. I like eating various cuisines while traveling to see if I can get a handle on the local variation (ie. Oregon Chinese vs. Arizona Cinese vs. Malaysian Chinese vs. Peruvian Chinese) but because of how touristy this area is I can't tell whether the fried rice thing is a tourist thing or a Peruvian Chinese thing.

I joined a few others from my group for an Italian Peruvian dinner, which was lovely.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Annnnnd Little Orange and the Engines of Creation (Little Orange II) is up on Smashwords.

I expect to finish publishing the trilogy today or tomorrow, as the hardcopy edit for 3 is done.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

It's been a long time coming.

Fortunately, my current career leaves me endless time to do this shit.
Molon Lube

Freeky

DID SOME BITCH SAY SOMEMO'FUCKINGTHING ABOUT A MOTHERFUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST?  FUCK.  IS THIS SHIT HAPPENING?

Doktor Howl

Book 3 of Little Orange is done, but Smashwords is on the fritz, so I'll try uploading it again tomorrow.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Okay, its like you wake up in the morning and everything is GREAT, but then the radio is playing INXS, and it sounds like cancer babies crying. Suddenly, your day is ruined, like maybe you just found out Fred Rogers was a crack dealer on the side, or maybe you caught your niece throwing puppies off the overpass.

You try to turn off the radio but the knob breaks. You try to flee, but the door is locked from the other side. The sound is dreadful. You can't stand it.

Then the song finally ends, but the DJ says it's a solid hour of INXS. You are found hours later, biting your knees in the shower, screaming obscenities and demanding to be killed.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

So a while back i agreed to help my friend  move. Typical deal, he promises us pizza and beer to help out. He asked me to keep today clear to help him move, and tells me to be ready for his mom to pick me up at 11. This means i have to forego my saturday morning JKD class. Whatever, fine. anything for a friend. His mom is two hours late in picking me up. While i'm waiting, my folks tell me they're going to Huntington beach today with the cousins, and to forget about my late friend and spend the day with family instead. No i said, i gave my word and damnit i'm gonna hold to it. after waiting almost to the point that I'm about to just get on with the rest of my day, they show up and off we go. We drive out to Fullerton, pack all his heavy solid wood furniture and head out to Whittier around 2pm. As we're doing this, we pass the pizza place he intends to buy pizza from, and i suggest we stop and buy pizza from the place now, as its getting abit late for lunch and loading the truck was rather strenuous. Nah he says, hell get the pizza later.

It's past 8pm tonight, no one has eaten anything since 11am. I fucking snap and say i either want to be taken home or some goddamn food. His dad suggests getting some domino's, my friend responds by insisting we wait for him to pick up pizza from the place we passed, which doesn't deliver. When his dad orders the Domino's to be delivered, he says, "fine, get him his bitch fit pizza" as though i'm the asshole for being hungry after 8 hours of hard sweaty unpaid work. I help unload the last of his shit and leave with my folks, silently fuming. I am madder than i have ever been with this person, and honestly considering never talking to him ever again.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 23, 2015, 08:05:24 AM
When his dad orders the Domino's to be delivered, he says, "fine, get him his bitch fit pizza" as though i'm the asshole for being hungry after 8 hours of hard sweaty unpaid work.

You should have kicked his ass.  Seriously.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

if his dad hadn't been in the room, i would have.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

also, his brother and his ex who happens to be an underground boxing champ. so y'know, pick your battles.

Doktor Howl

Little Orange 3 is up as Little Orange at the End of the World (under the name Roger Penrose), and the story is finally complete and published!

:banana:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2015, 06:22:07 PM
Little Orange 3 is up as Little Orange at the End of the World (under the name Roger Penrose), and the story is finally complete and published!

:banana:

You know the thread had me going for a moment when you were like "I just got a couple short stories in here" after the first plot despite being an 80 page thread. Now it's all like "2 more story arcs". I'm buying the books when I get a debit account up and running again, but reading the thread and observing the creative process has been invaluable and a real treat.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl