News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

My... "Interests" - TRIGGER WARNING: EVERYTHING!!11!

Started by POFP, June 10, 2015, 08:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 11, 2015, 12:50:18 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 12:41:39 AM
Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:29:54 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 12:23:05 AM
Based on the reactions I got, it seemed like people thought it was a real story or something.
Oh, you can read us like books!

:roll:

If the previous shitstorm had never happened, this would've gotten excellent reviews. None of you like me, so none of my work gets respect or appraisal. Not that I deserve it or am asking for it. I'm just explaining the obvious predisposed nature of your criticisms. I just didn't expect disrespect to translate into total lack of recognition or understanding. At least it seemed that way, at first.
You know, mistaking criticism for a lack of understanding means you'll fail to learn from those around you.

Taking an absence of respect for your work as an absence of respect for you as a person means the only growth you experience will be a large persecution complex.

In your case though, you get a combination of it all... I fail to understand how you could be so dense, find what you post here to be worthless except as a target for criticizing, have seen no reason to respect you, and have seen no reason to respect what you write.

I wasn't mistaking criticism for lack of understanding. I was claiming that criticism was taking place because of a perceived lack of understanding.

There was a blatant absence of respect for me as a person which was expressed several times in the OPEN BAR. This translated into a lack of respect for my work, which I'm sure would've otherwise garnered a lot of support. As has been made clear by several members of this board in the past, if one lacks respect here, their work will also lack respect. This case is just an example of this principle in action.

Moral judgments translate into fallacious rejection of ideas produced by the one being judged. This is a common principle, and one that is emphasized here by the blatant moral high ground on which this board places itself. That is, honestly, the only problem I see in this board.

But this is all just logic fetishizing, so don't mind me.

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 01:06:05 AM
Based on the reactions I got, it seemed like people thought it was a real story or something.

If the previous shitstorm had never happened, this would've gotten excellent reviews. None of you like me, so none of my work gets respect or appraisal. Not that I deserve it or am asking for it. I'm just explaining the obvious predisposed nature of your criticisms. I just didn't expect disrespect to translate into total lack of recognition or understanding. At least it seemed that way, at first.
Read: I have determined, using my expert logic and reasoning skills, that the reason you are not entertained by my contribution is that, despite it being very good, you are all mean. My logic and reasoning skills do not extend to considering failure on my part to deliver entertaining content.

By the way, I am doing more explaining, despite historically giving lectures on subjects I was totally unqualified to comment on, I have not learned and will continue to fail in this regard. Did I mention that you are all mean?

I don't care if you're mean. That's one of the reasons I come here.

Now I just feel like I'm complaining instead of clarifying.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Eater of Clowns

Wait a minute what was it that was expressed so many times in Open Bar.

If only there were an UNLIMITED thread of some sort to chronicle the whole thing...
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Rev Thwack

Although I can't speak for those other than myself (well, I could, but I'm not arrogant enough to presume to do so), the lack of respect for your work appears independent of the lack of respect for you. You can continue to fool yourself into believing otherwise, but I'd caution against it.

You might also want to ask why there should be a respect for you. Most here display little respect for anyone (as they should) and seem to run off of the philosophy that respect is something earned, not given. What have you done to earn the respect that you indicate is being unjustly denied?
My balls itch...

hooplala

I would like clarification on what exactly the "work" is.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pæs

The argument is that if we didn't dislike him we would have liked his 'attempt at mocking your absurd and reactionary conclusion on my mental state'.

Putting aside that our absurd reactionism is how we expressed our dislike and that his argument is basically "If you didn't dislike me, you wouldn't dislike my reaction to you disliking me"... he said he glanced over most of the posts ITT, so is a poor judge of how his work was received.

hooplala

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 01:55:12 AM
The argument is that if we didn't dislike him we would have liked his 'attempt at mocking your absurd and reactionary conclusion on my mental state'.

Putting aside that our absurd reactionism is how we expressed our dislike and that his argument is basically "If you didn't dislike me, you wouldn't dislike my reaction to you disliking me"... he said he glanced over most of the posts ITT, so is a poor judge of how his work was received.

Well, that's just wrong.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 01:59:28 AM
He has got to be trolling.

The question isn't if he is trolling or not, the question is if it's intentional and realized.
My balls itch...

Pæs

Now look, you, Mister Hoopla. Fernando put a lot of work into writing up a comical little piece of blathering because he figured that appealing to people who don't like him by using SARCASM might earn him some favour.

Who the hell are you to respond to sarcastic and meaningless chitterings with anything but praise and acknowledgement of redemption?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 11:29:09 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
Prelate Diogenes Shandor got it right. Regardless of whether I'm sick, this was supposed to be satire, and sarcasm regarding your conclusion.

The rest of the posts ITT were pretty much unrelated nonsense that I glanced over.

Cain was funny as always, though.

Also, if you think insults and belittling is going to make me walk away from the most productive board on the planet (Well, when there's activity), then you are mistaken (Boringly so).

Actually, Paes pointed it out quite a bit before Shandor.

I don't think anyone intends to drive you away; it's just vaguely entertaining to make fun of your dumbassery, and it started out as an attempt to get you to actually think. At this point you keep saying stupider and stupider things, which reinforces the desire to poke at you to see if you'll do it again. Like those frogs that scream if you bother them.

Thoughtless mockery doesn't help someone think. If you want someone to "think" something, you have to know how to prod them in a way that they understand from their perspective. That's like trying to train a dog using treats that give them the shits and taste bad. I'm obviously not digesting this shit. Not that you're obligated to give me useful advice. Just don't claim that you're doing so when you obviously aren't.

My mockery is perfectly thoughtful, thank you very much.

You seem to be missing the part where it didn't start as mockery. It simply progressed there after it became clear that you weren't interested in doing any critical thinking about the dumbass shit you were saying.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:07:07 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 11:29:09 PM
Prelate Diogenes Shandor got it right. Regardless of whether I'm sick, this was supposed to be satire, and sarcasm regarding your conclusion.

The rest of the posts ITT were pretty much unrelated nonsense that I glanced over.

Cain was funny as always, though.

Also, if you think insults and belittling is going to make me walk away from the most productive board on the planet (Well, when there's activity), then you are mistaken (Boringly so).

Actually, Paes pointed it out quite a bit before Shandor.

I don't think anyone intends to drive you away; it's just vaguely entertaining to make fun of your dumbassery, and it started out as an attempt to get you to actually think. At this point you keep saying stupider and stupider things, which reinforces the desire to poke at you to see if you'll do it again. Like those frogs that scream if you bother them.

Thoughtless mockery doesn't help someone think. If you want someone to "think" something, you have to know how to prod them in a way that they understand from their perspective. That's like trying to train a dog using treats that give them the shits and taste bad. I'm obviously not digesting this shit. Not that you're obligated to give me useful advice. Just don't claim that you're doing so when you obviously aren't.
Are you really explaining to Nigel how persuasion works?

It's just that he knows all the things, and is much more logical and rational than everyone else. Therefore why shouldn't he explain to me how persuasion works? I mean, duh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:06:04 AM

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING. WE WERE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME, BECAUSE OF HOW IMPRESSIVELY SUBTLE AND ELEGANT YOUR APPROACH WAS.

:lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:06:04 AM

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING. WE WERE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME, BECAUSE OF HOW IMPRESSIVELY SUBTLE AND ELEGANT YOUR APPROACH WAS.

:lulz: Those razor-sharp powers of perception you have. You just read us all like books.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Uh-huh. It's just that we're all biased and that's why we're treating this like the latest installment in an ongoing conversation, and not like a random work of creative fiction placed here for our enjoyment and approval.

It's totally that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 01:30:14 AM
Now I just feel like I'm complaining instead of clarifying.

DING DING DING DING

The OP itself is passive-aggressively complainy and reeks of butthurt.