News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Hi There

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 05, 2012, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hi, I'm Brat. I spend most of my days in the woods or the water looking for food. I stay away from people, because people hurt me, especially men. Not the old man or Grandpa, though, they're kind. I used to go to school but I don't anymore because I'm trouble, and then we moved far away from home. I have a mama but I don't know where she is most of the time and I'm hungry, but I'm good at finding most of what I need, and the old man gives me venison and eggs sometimes. He reminds me of Grandpa, but I haven't seen Grandpa since we left the city. I'm small but I'm strong and I can dive for oysters and crabs or climb trees for apples and walnuts, and trap rabbits and steal things. I'm quick and I'm quiet... pssht! nobody sees me!

Hi, I'm Tiki. I live in the city and I work at a store in the mall. It took me a while to get used to things here, I was too strange and feral for the city at first, but now I have lots of friends and a boyfriend who doesn't like it when I drink. He isn't very nice to me but he says he loves me so I stay with him. He says that if I leave he'll start have to shooting up again. I like to drink when I'm with my friends, and I like to go out with my friends. Everyone says I'm cute, but I'm not so sure I like being cute. I can use it, though. I learn by watching people. People aren't very nice. I'm learning a lot. I'd like to go to college and learn more.

Hi, I'm Dolores. I am a divorced mom, a responsible person, and a homeowner. I work hard at my job and then hurry home to take care of my kids... I have two of them, and a little pink cottage with a big back yard. I love my house and my kids so much! I love my job, too, but I'm sad inside, and at the end of the night after I tuck the kids into bed I cry and write and drink myself to sleep. I used to have a husband but he didn't work and put me down all the time, and I finally had enough of his bullshit and kicked him out. Now I'm alone and I like it so much better, but there's something eating me inside that I can't seem to kill. My kids are the only thing keeping me alive. To distract myself, I live my life hard, as hard as I can. Maybe if I live it hard enough, the thing inside will go away.

Hi, I'm The Right Reverend Nigel. I am one of the angriest people you will ever meet in your life, and one of the meanest. I'm also one of the kindest people you'll meet in your life, and one of the most generous. I am passionate, I am on fire with whatever emotion I'm feeling in the moment. If that's anger, man, watch your back, and if it's sorrow, man, please watch mine because I can't stop this storm inside and it's tearing me apart, it's killing me. I'll laugh until I'm in pain or rage until there's blood on the ceiling or curl on the floor in fetal agony screaming, and good luck predicting which one will be next because there's no algorithm that works on me. I have three kids and a husband and a boyfriend and a lot of money and friends and a big house in a nice neighborhood, I am published, collected, and known as one of the best in the world at my particular art, and I am falling apart.

Hi, I'm Mayor Salt. I am a mom, a student, an artist, and a human services research assistant. I still live in that big house, but a lot of other things have changed. I'm on a mission to understand myself and the people around me. I don't cry like I used to, and I don't drink myself to sleep anymore. I still have three kids, the most brilliant, wonderful freaks I've ever met, and they're just getting used to me working outside of the house after nine years of being home all the time. They're getting big and independent, and soon it will be time for them to go off on their own. For now, I treasure the time I do get to spend with them, and we laugh together and say I love you a lot. I have three ex-husbands and one ex-boyfriend who still makes me sad when I think about him, I'm broke most of the time, behind on my mortgage about half the time, and my health isn't what it used to be, but I'm doing good things. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life, and I'm not looking back.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 06, 2012, 06:04:55 PM
Hi, I'm Brat. I spend most of my days in the woods or the water looking for food. I stay away from people, because people hurt me, especially men. Not the old man or Grandpa, though, they're kind. I used to go to school but I don't anymore because I'm trouble, and then we moved far away from home. I have a mama but I don't know where she is most of the time and I'm hungry, but I'm good at finding most of what I need, and the old man gives me venison and eggs sometimes. He reminds me of Grandpa, but I haven't seen Grandpa since we left the city. I'm small but I'm strong and I can dive for oysters and crabs or climb trees for apples and walnuts, and trap rabbits and steal things. I'm quick and I'm quiet... pssht! nobody sees me!

Hi, I'm Tiki. I live in the city and I work at a store in the mall. It took me a while to get used to things here, I was too strange and feral for the city at first, but now I have lots of friends and a boyfriend who doesn't like it when I drink. He isn't very nice to me but he says he loves me so I stay with him. He says that if I leave he'll start have to shooting up again. I like to drink when I'm with my friends, and I like to go out with my friends. Everyone says I'm cute, but I'm not so sure I like being cute. I can use it, though. I learn by watching people. People aren't very nice. I'm learning a lot. I'd like to go to college and learn more.

Hi, I'm Dolores. I am a divorced mom, a responsible person, and a homeowner. I work hard at my job and then hurry home to take care of my kids... I have two of them, and a little pink cottage with a big back yard. I love my house and my kids so much! I love my job, too, but I'm sad inside, and at the end of the night after I tuck the kids into bed I cry and write and drink myself to sleep. I used to have a husband but he didn't work and put me down all the time, and I finally had enough of his bullshit and kicked him out. Now I'm alone and I like it so much better, but there's something eating me inside that I can't seem to kill. My kids are the only thing keeping me alive. To distract myself, I live my life hard, as hard as I can. Maybe if I live it hard enough, the thing inside will go away.

Hi, I'm The Right Reverend Nigel. I am one of the angriest people you will ever meet in your life, and one of the meanest. I'm also one of the kindest people you'll meet in your life, and one of the most generous. I am passionate, I am on fire with whatever emotion I'm feeling in the moment. If that's anger, man, watch your back, and if it's sorrow, man, please watch mine because I can't stop this storm inside and it's tearing me apart, it's killing me. I'll laugh until I'm in pain or rage until there's blood on the ceiling or curl on the floor in fetal agony screaming, and good luck predicting which one will be next because there's no algorithm that works on me. I have three kids and a husband and a boyfriend and a lot of money and friends and a big house in a nice neighborhood, I am published, collected, and known as one of the best in the world at my particular art, and I am falling apart.

Hi, I'm Mayor Salt. I am a mom, a student, an artist, and a human services research assistant. I still live in that big house, but a lot of other things have changed. I'm on a mission to understand myself and the people around me. I don't cry like I used to, and I don't drink myself to sleep anymore. I still have three kids, the most brilliant, wonderful freaks I've ever met, and they're just getting used to me working outside of the house after nine years of being home all the time. They're getting big and independent, and soon it will be time for them to go off on their own. For now, I treasure the time I do get to spend with them, and we laugh together and say I love you a lot. I have three ex-husbands and one ex-boyfriend who still makes me sad when I think about him, I'm broke most of the time, behind on my mortgage about half the time, and my health isn't what it used to be, but I'm doing good things. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life, and I'm not looking back.

Happy endings always make me cry.

I promised I wouldn't cry.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 05, 2012, 06:55:55 PM
Who the fuck are you?

I'm not sure.
I couldn't give a truthful answer.
Not that I'd willfully lie about this, I'd love to answer. I'm just fairly certain there's no way to know who I am.True introspection seems like it would be nearly impossible, and the splinters from the illusions that would shatter from such a vision would surely drive one mad. Right the fuck crazy.
One reason psychology and sociology get thrown aside as soft sciences is because we recognize the inherent problems of self observation. We study humans with a human bias. We study self with a self bias. But we are cognizant of this fact. So maybe we can use a little Kentucky windage to adjust our sights on who we really are. But that's all it would be. A guess. Is the observer effect impossible to avoid? Did I use the term observer effect correctly?

I've heard bees whom perform a dance incorrectly are stung to death by the rest of the hive. Do they know they're doing this? Would we know if we were doing that?
Would I sting me if I saw me dance?
Fuck. I'm high.
This space for rent.

Luna

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 06, 2012, 05:00:22 PM
I just did one and it sort of made me want to run into traffic. I think I'll pass. Good stuff ITT though.

Yeah, I've started a response a couple of times.   :|
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sita

Hi, my name is Sitalique. I am a naive, idealistic teenager that found this amazing thing called the internet. I love going to school. Want to get into building computers and perhaps programming.

Hi, my name is Sita.
I can say that I am a wife and a mom, but anything else? Not really. The dreams of my youth have long been lost.
I waste my life sitting in front of a computer all day long with only some words on the screen to act as getting my social quota of the day. Everything is the same, day after day after day.
I've lost my personality, my drive, my will. I continue to exist, mainly because there are some that would actually be hurt if my existence were to end. And that is one thing that I don't wish for, the people I care about to be hurt.

Let's see if I actually hit post this time....
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Placid Dingo

Hi, I'm B--n and I'm made of zaniness and insecurity. The flavour on the end of my tonuge is the crystally contents of a stink bomb somebody put in my lunchbox. I'm my own enemy, judgemental but a poor judge of social interaction, with top marks in taking it personally. Easily distracted. And no, I don't know why, and I'm sorry that's such a common answer. I'm terrified of death. I'm not sure what I believe. I'm a Christian. No, not really. Damn, science is cool. The game is, to remember everything. The game is to blink everytime you see a post so from the car is looks like its going back and forth. The game is to count the cars passing you and the cars you pass to see if you won the race. The game is to try to look people in the eye when they talk to you.

Hi I'm Jube and I want to fall in love, and I can't get laid. Wait, hold that, yes I can. I'm into PUA and big parties with my friends. I'm so tried of this 'fake life', working at a little shop and doing education at uni. I'm an agnostic. I'm desperately in love, and it grows inside me like the best thing ever and it lifts me up and I never thought I'd get so high.

Hi, I'm INTP. I have some quirks. I put a LOT of pressure on myself, but I'm starting to realise that other people don't put the same pressure on me. I find it difficult to act in a socially optimal way, but I'm learning. And I'm not THAT fucking special. They share my name but they're not my people.

KONNICHI WA MINNA SAN, I am SENSEI and I'm here to teach you a lot of things. Some Japanese, sure, but also some silliness. You have a right to be happy. Other people don't live like us; and that's OK. Think about things and check your sources. No I don't hate you. No, I don't hate you.

Hi I'm Dingo. I'm a Discordian, and I'm busy finding God and finding self. A breakup is not the end of love, and I'm busy rewriting a history. I'm reading through the manuscript and working out pretty quickly that the author's an idiot. Seaching for love when he's steeped in it already. Filling a pad with invisible problems and issues. Falling into 'nice-guy' self pity, and the Nietzchian dead eyed antithesis. I'm studying zen by teaching hiragana, and I'm not in training any more. I can tie a knot. I can write a letter. I can write a book. I can build it up from nothing, but there is no nothing.

Hi. I'm the new guy. I'm editing Dingo's manuscript. Damn that guy's an idiot.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

I'm also in love with everything I've read here.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This thread is amazing! It's got a lot of power. Thanks, Roger, for starting it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 07, 2012, 03:13:03 PM
This thread is amazing! It's got a lot of power. Thanks, Roger, for starting it.

Agree. Pretty good for realizing something about yourself that you've never considered before (for example, that I am like a cartoon character)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 06, 2012, 05:00:22 PM
I just did one and it sort of made me want to run into traffic. I think I'll pass. Good stuff ITT though.

Yeah, when I started writing mine it did that, so I scrapped it and did it different.
I know what's packed in those fucking boxes, I just don't see any sense in lingering over them like fucking love letters.

ETA: For me. Your mileage and boxes may vary.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 06, 2012, 06:04:55 PM

This is chilling in parts, Nigel. I read it and hopped on the bike a little while later to go across town for something, and it haunted me the whole time. Ouch.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 07, 2012, 03:13:03 PM

No problem.  Anyone can be TGRR.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 08, 2012, 12:22:00 AM

This is chilling in parts, Nigel. I read it and hopped on the bike a little while later to go across town for something, and it haunted me the whole time. Ouch.

Thanks, Stella! It's been a weird life.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel